Hi-Po Not Running Right

• I've been having a problem with my hi-po the last two times I've driven it. I'll try to explain.

When I mash the pedal to the floor, and don't let it go over 4,000 rpm, it runs great. The secondaries kick in, tires squall, neck muscles strain to keep my head upright and general fun ensues. However, if I hold it down until it gets to 4500 or 5000 rpm the entire engine starts cutting out. I mean, it bucks, the tach bounces to 3000 and it even popped (maybe a backfire) once yesterday when I did it. At first I thought it was an ignition problem, but when I keep my foot out of it and don't engage the secondaries as I accelerate up to 5,000 rpm it seems to run o.k. I installed a new coil, thinking that was the problem, but it didn't help.

I posed this question to my buddy Charlie(65Rangoon) and he gave me lots of good troubleshooting answers. I just thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced the same thing or might shed some light on what's wrong.

Thank,

Gerald

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Check your fuel delivery system, pump,lines,filter,sending unit screen.you may have fuel starvation.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

X2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!