Electrical Rely bake alite choke cover ?

• Can anyone tell me if ford made a special tool to remove and install the fuel filter canister on a 1965 fuel pump with dual ribbed rows, without doing any damage to the can? You have to get the can really tight without doing any damage. So far i have been lucky being very careful but they must have made a special wrench. On a seperate note has anyone ever heard of a special automatic choke cover which replaces the original bakalite cover but has a electrical wire coming out of it which operates the choke? I had a 1960 corvette 283 with headers and the original carburator hooked up like this and it worked great! Besides the 65 hi-po fastback manual choke, i also have 65 c-code which i converted to stock ford iron 4 barrel intake and stock 4100 -4 barrel Pony carbs . I would like to in stall re-pro hi-po exhust manifolds but keep the ford 4100? Either they have to start re-proing the hi-po fairlane exhust manifolds or better yet what is the deal with this special electrical relay choke cover? Any gear heads out thier help.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Can anyone tell me if ford made a special tool to remove and install the fuel filter canister on a 1965 fuel pump with dual ribbed rows, without doing any damage to the can? You have to get the can really tight without doing any damage. So far i have been lucky being very careful but they must have made a special wrench.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

There was a removal tool that went over the ribs but I don't know if it was Ford or not. I use the band type to remove and hand tighten to install. I also paint mine engine color.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

On a seperate note has anyone ever heard of a special automatic choke cover which replaces the original bakalite cover but has a electrical wire coming out of it which operates the choke? I had a 1960 corvette 283 with headers and the original carburator hooked up like this and it worked great!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That electric choke was an item featured by JC Whitney and others. There may be one in my junk box. I use the stock type on my two "A" codes after rebuilding them both. No problems with rither.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Besides the 65 hi-po fastback manual choke, i also have 65 c-code which i converted to stock ford iron 4 barrel intake and stock 4100 -4 barrel Pony carbs . I would like to in stall re-pro hi-po exhust manifolds but keep the ford 4100? Either they have to start re-proing the hi-po fairlane exhust manifolds or better yet what is the deal with this special electrical relay choke cover? Any gear heads out thier help.

I think there is a kit that clamps onto the HP type manifold to provide heated exhaust to the stock choke, another JC Whitney item, or maybe Summit Racing.

Jim

• Official Post

The fuel filter tool was a Ford tool although I do not have the part number. It would have been a Rotunda item.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I know about a thing called a" divorsed choke ",no pun intended i personaly don't think they work. The a-code 4100 autolite works great on this orig c-code 289 even thou the a-codes came with a larger cam . When the secondaries open, up it makes the change well worth the effort, esspecaily since the 2 barrel needed rebuilding. When i purchased the carb from Jhon at "pony carbs" i inquired about purchasing a hi-po manual choke carb and he informed me that it would'nt work because the hi-po has a larger cam than both the c-codes and a-codes. also the $1,500 core charge plus $1,500 rebuild fee is somthing to think about. Has anyone had any luck with a manual choke holley type carb? I want to put dual exhaust on the car and wanted to know if the re-pro hi-po exhust manifolds , would make much difference over the stock exhust manifolds?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!