Disc Brake Calipers and Radiator Hoses - 1966

• Is the correct finish on the Mustang disc brake calipers natural or painted black, or black on the outside vertical surface and natural on the remainder???

Also, what date did San Jose Mustangs come with radiator hoses with stapled wire clamps (the ones Marti is now selling)?

Thanks, Kit

• I'm going to take a stab at this:

I BELIEVE that the correct finish on the calipers should be natural, and my feeling is that the radiator hoses with the stapled on wire clamps started showing up in late '66 but I could be wrong about this....

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Is the correct finish on the Mustang disc brake calipers natural or painted black, or black on the outside vertical surface and natural on the remainder???

Also, what date did San Jose Mustangs come with radiator hoses with stapled wire clamps (the ones Marti is now selling)?

Thanks, Kit

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I don't know that anyone will be able to supply an exact date. I do know that the wire clamps started showing up on the '66 GT350's by March '66-probably earlier.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I don't know that anyone will be able to supply an exact date. I do know that the wire clamps started showing up on the '66 GT350's by March '66-probably earlier.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That's my impression as well. Hopefully Jeff will chime in on this, he has documented more San Jose cars than probably anyone.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

Would Shelby have changed the clamps on these '66s or did the SJ plant possibly change over earlier than Dearborn and Metucheon?

This would been done at Ford, not Shelby American.

• on my son's '66

tower clamps are on the core end of the heater hoses

and 'wire' clamps are used on the gas filler tube

i don't know what was used on the engine end of the heater hoses

iowa

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!