Water pump question?

• OK, before I got really into restoring my motor I think I got rid of my water pump:( I am going to look around, but pretty sure it's gone. Are they really hard to find as a reconstructed one? Currently I have a 289 in my car that is NOT my original motor, but would like to compile the correct parts for my numbers matching motor.

Thanks

• What is the date of your car?

The correct waterpump for your car is determined by the change level of your engine and the model year somewhat.

• Steve, I have sent you both an email and a PM on this.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I have an aluminum water pump that was kept as a backup from my 66 "K". The car was produced in December of 65. Part number is "C40E-8505-A" with a "5" underneath. It has a circle of dots with "63" stamped in the center (production year I assume). It also has an 8 vein impeller.

A buddy had an extra one for sale...so I changed it out and had it rebuilt...

I was not the original owner...however, because of the low mileage at the time, I believe it was the original pump...can anyone give any background history/opinion.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have rebuilt hipo waterpump available for a early generator 64 car.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> Hello Bob, i sent you a pm about the pump, regards chuck. jjz109@msn.com

• David, Your pump is actually not correct for your 66 as it is for a generator car. The 8 vane impeller makes it for a standard rather than a Hipo engine. Your 66 should have a cast iron water pump with a C6OE casting and the appropriate timing cover.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Iowa Dave, I just sent you a PM regarding your pump.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!