NOS v/s REPRO key blanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Is there any real difference between them as to how they fit and work?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

There is a visual difference, but otherwise should function the same, if cut properly.

• Be careful of the repro blanks to be sure the blank is correct before cutting. What I have found with these key blanks is that they often do not have the horizontal groove in the flat face of the key. (this groove runs parallel to the cut teeth on the key)I have had to groove the bank to make it work... (a dremel will do this.... but it is a pain and doesn't look quite right) I should state that I am talking about blanks that I have received for 65-66 applications from several different sources. If anyone knows where I can get the proper blanks I would appreciate that info.. so for the time being I am still using my well worn 45 year old keys.

• I have at least a couple of hundred of the NOS Ford ignition and door key blanks that are specific to our early 65-66 Mustangs.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Is there any real difference between them as to how they fit and work?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

never had a problem with repop key blanks. Rick Will you have your car in Ocala at the show. I will be their to check it out I got white hair and a white gotee. I usually can be see wearing and indian motorcyle tshirt, its only a short drive from floral city

• Fred, I found out today that the reproduction key blanks are not good for the locks themselves in that used for a period of time they can actually damage the locks because they are that much different when looked at closely-in my case with a professional locksmith and a magnifying glass-she advised me to find NOS (original) blanks and have her cut them from my known originals.....I'd like to purchase a couple of ignition and a couple of trunk blanks from you as long as they are the NOS "Pony" keys.

Besides everything else the quality of the repro blanks leaves alot to be desired from the start and are not a 100% exact duplicate of the originals..........I'll send you a private email so we can discuss the purchase of keys.

• I saw a bunch of reproductions that said "FORD MOTOP COMPANY" Most people probably wont notice, but be sure to check them. I'd buy NOS if you can find them (and that's pretty easy to do).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!