• Trying to determine if my Drive Shaft is original and correct. Tony Gregory's Forth Edition states that the correct drive shaft for a 64.5, 4 speed should be 49-23/32" long, and states that it should be part number C5ZZ-4602E.

Three questions

1- Where do you start and stop the measurements?

2- For Drive Shafts is the part number and casting number the same?

3- Mine has casting numbers C3AA-4868-G and a yellow daub on the yoke. Is this a correct casting number for a 64.5 K car.

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

• Driveshaft lengths are measured from center to center on the U-joints.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Just an FYI while we are talking about drive shafts: Jack at Dead Nuts On builds very nice reproduction drive shafts, top quality!!

http://www.deadnutson.com

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I will vouch for that, Jack did my driveshaft and it turned out very nice.

• Anouther FYI about Jack at Dead Nuts On is that he will have concours correct washer hose kits available early next year I'm told, and I think he is even going to reproduce the correct clear Ts- I understand he will have kits for all years from '65-'73-I hope to be the first to buy one for my car!

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

With three levels of driveshafts listed what could he do to them to get more money like he has listed?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not sure what your question is there? The first level is repro, second is concours and third is t-bred. Jack gives a good description of what is done for each level.

• Jack is a very customer service oriented guy and runs a top notch business that is an asset to the Mustang community, his prices for what he does are not out of line at all on the driveshafts that he builds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!