bench seat-'66 K, 2 + 2 Fastback

• I am the owner of a 1966 HiPo fastback, manual transmission. It has a bench seat. Over this past weekend I attended the show at Knott's and did not see any with bench seats.

I am preparing to fully restore the car. I want to make sure the restoration is correct. I purchased the car in 1974 & am not sure if the previous owner installed the bench seat or if it was part of the original factory order. In researching the web, stats I reviewed reflect that the convertible and coupe had options for bench seats, but not able to determine if the fastback did.

I appreciate any insight into this. Thanks.

• What does your door tag say?

I am not aware of a bench seat option on the fastback - as it would have negated the "2+2" badge and marketing.

If my memory is correct - Coupes and Converts had a "C" in the body/interior code to call out the bench seat - but going completely from memory I could be wrong.

• Look under the car at the plugs for the seat removal nuts. If there are 8 plugs, or holes if the plugs are gone, and there are 4 matching holes in the seat pedestal for the inner two pair of track studs, then the car came with bucket seats. If there are only 4 holes, someone did some fancy body work.

Jim

• The door tag reads 63A A 26 15M 71 E5, so looks like it was not originally ordered or built with a bench seat. I will crawl under the beast later tonight, great suggestion.

Thanks guys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!