Console DELUXE woodgrain kit??

• I have recently found out that there is a DELUXE woodgrain kit (with a thin metal backing-like originals) available.

The cheapo woodgrain kit that is just the vinyl has not worked out very well on my newly restored car, and I am wondering if anyone has any experiance with the more expensive DELUXE kit that IS available from Tony's Classics??-BTW they also make the kit for the instrument bezel and glove box door.

• sounds interesting. What is the price for this kit?? If I had the digital file for the correct woodgrain pattern and color, I could make these myself. I suppose I could scan a new kit..... I'll wait and see what Tony's charges. Will you report back to us?

Troy

• Pro Products used to service the metal backed kits and they were nice. Unfortunately Pro Products is no longer with us.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Tony gets $185. for the DELUXE kit with the metal back-its not a problem with the grain being correct its just that who ever installed the cheapo kit without the metal backing in my car didn't seem to have the patience to clean the surface well before trying it and evedentally made some (unnessary) cuts to it-looks like crap!

Thats why I am looking into Tony's product unless someone knows where I can get it cheaper.

• That price seems reasonable, considering what's involved in die cutting, printing, and coating that stuff. I would have to charge that much for 1, but if I was making 100, There could be some money in it... My applique is peeling up in a few spots - less than ideal for sure. If I were to do it again, I would get the metal backed versions - assuming they are correct enough.

I have an original long console door with the original metal backed wood grain still on it that I could part with if somebody wants to buy it from me.

• I have one of Tony's deluxe kits and it is first rate. It is the closest that we will ever see to 1965 or 66. I can highly recommend their product.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!