Radio wiring

• I have replaced the underdash wiring and all connects up except for the radio wires. The power lead doesn't meet up with the 'three pronged' accessory feed, falling a few inches short. Is there a jumper wire of extension lead I should be using? I can't seem to work it out from the Jim Osborn diagram I have. Does anyone have a clearer version?

Thanks. Phil.

• The radio has a seperate single power wire extension.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I am unaware of any repros of that wire as it is pretty common. I probably have one but it would be simple to improvise if you are not anal about originality.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The item in question is a cable assembly 19 inches long with a 0.180 inch dia. male bullet connector at one end and a 0.180 inch dia. female at the other. The wire itself is black with either black or yellow bullet connectors. The part is marked 'C5DB-18A919-A' 'SX' and 'FOMOCO'. It was not serviced so you will need to make one unless you can find one on ebay.

Note: there are two different diameter bullet connectors, 0.156 inch dia and 0.180 inch dia. Ford used the 0.180 inch dia type.

Jim

• It is a plain black wire with some printing on it and it does not plug into the triple plug that is near the radio. It follows the main wire loom over the top of the instrument cluster and clips into the large plastic wire loom retainers. It plugs in near the left air vent area.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• The triple plug I referred to is the accessory feed wire, coming from the smaller fuse at the top of the fuse block(the windshield washer wire also plugs into this one). It hangs in the clip on the front of the air vent. I hope I'm on the right track! Also, does the green/red wire that comes out of the radio next to the black wire also have an extension wire attached?

• You are on the right track for the power wire. The light wire does not use an extension.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!