• Hey there...looking for a HIPO fan belt for our late 66 hipo engine that sits in our 66 shelby...are they the same belt as the standard belt? I seen a pic of a belt on a 65 hipo that had some red stipes on it???anyhow would love some info on what is correct..pics..part numbers?? size/specs of it...

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 11/03/2008 19:33:49

• Hipo belt is different length due to the larger alternator pulley. Most good mustang vendors should carry a correct reproduction. Sorry, don't have any specs or part #'s handy.

• Last time I checked this was still available from Ford. Ford Part# C9PZ-8620-GMA, Motorcraft# JB-414-L1. The markings won't be correct for concours but it is the correct replacement belt.

Dave
    6S1757

• The Fan Belts for the Generator and Alternators were of different lengths with the Generator one being the longest because of the bigger Pulley. I assume that you are referring to the Alternator Belt?

• yes the aternator belt...was hoping to find an NOS one for the 66 hipo..I have been informed that it is a C5OE belt..but not sure what the entire number is..not sure what the belt is marked with..fomoco..part number?? Not sure if its actual size so that I can keep an eye out for the correct belt..

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hey there...looking for a HIPO fan belt for our late 66 hipo engine that sits in our 66 shelby...are they the same belt as the standard belt? I seen a pic of a belt on a 65 hipo that had some red stipes on it???anyhow would love some info on what is correct..pics..part numbers?? size/specs of it...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Last time I saw one of those ( red striped ) was back in 1984-85

It was on my Frinds 66- GT350. He was the Alaska SAAC Rep.

At that time he told me that: That belt was very rair and

hard to find. We need to get those Baby's Re-poped. I have some

Old photos of the belt. with the red stripes. I'll Figure out

a way to get them on the board

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Last time I checked this was still available from Ford. Ford Part# C9PZ-8620-GMA, Motorcraft# JB-414-L1. The markings won't be correct for concours but it is the correct replacement belt.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

well called ford dealer and they said they could order the belt with the motor craft part number..he told me that its a 41.4 inch belt hence the part number..I called my local auto store and they give a 40 inch belt for a standard 289 engine...so about a 1.5 inch difference for a hipo belt?? does that sound about right to anyone here???

• Thanks so much...I could not get anyone to confirm for me the actual size for a hipo belt...although the dealer could not confirm that the part number I gave him was for a 66 hipo engine..he said it just was still available for 20 bucks ...does anyone know the actual original part number for the belt? C3 or C4 part?? any other description of what should be on the belt as far as markings?? anyone have pics of an original belts markings?? I am sure other than that its just a black belt right ...

• The Motorcraft belt will not be correct for show. Buy the FoMoCo repro from NPD or your favorite vendor. If you want a true repro I think Marti still does date codes on special order.

• Hi,

The HiPo belt is 41.4" long to match the larger pulley.

I use a reproduced belt that I bought about 18 years ago

and it's marked FoMoCo and has a C5 number on it.

Can't be sure it's exactly as original.

/Bo

The Motorcraft belt will not be correct for show. Buy the FoMoCo repro from NPD or your favorite vendor. If you want a true repro I think Marti still does date codes on special order.

You mean he will take a NPD belt and put a date code on it?? So let me get this right ..a factory original belt will have a FoMoCo marking...a C5 part number..(still would like to know the complete number) and a date code also...is there any other markings on it I should know about?? I am asking all these questions as I am trying to find an NOS one and when I come across one I want to make sure its the real deal and not a NPD one that someone thinks is original..PICS PICS...

How is the date code formated?? PICS PICS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!