Data Plate Question

• I have a question about Data plates.

I want to use my original Data plate with my car, however during the last paint job by the former owner it is now all one color.

I know that places that can restamp a plate, NOT WANTING TO GO THERE OR STIR UP THAT DEBATE but is there anywhere that will rescreen an original data plate? Thus keeping it original as possible.

Thanks

• It's a lot easier to make a new door data plate look old and junky than an old and junky door data plate look new. That same technique applies to a lot of things.

Jim

• I had the same problem with my last car. I tried a little paint thinner, and it took everything off of the tag. Once you start that, you can't go back so I took the entire tag to bare metal.

It was obviously the original tag, so I left it that way. I felt it was more important to keep the original tag on the car.

• Official Post

I have a 65 data plate decal that freshens up an original data plate. It is not the best but beats no background at all. I have had it for at least 25 years and I cannot at this time figure out where to get another one. I never had one for a 66 and am not sure that one was ever made.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!