65 Drive shaft question...

• I have a couple of drive shaft questions... the car is a 65 fastback.

How different are the driveshaft lengths from a K code and a C code car (with a 4 speed transmissions)?

Even if the lengths are slightly different, can a driveshaft from a C code car with a T-10 transmission be used with a K code 9 inch rear end?

Thanks for your help,

John Thomas

Edited by - jntmjt1 on 04/01/2008 19:18:58

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The drive shaft is the same only the 4 speed hipo measures 49-23/32"

On a previous hipo, I had the standard shaft cut down and re-balanced and it worked fine.

Ron

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

49 23/32" measured from where to where?

Thanks,

John Thomas

• A Ford MPC dated April 1965 states the HiPo was 49.70" long (center-to-center of universal-joint holes). The Non-HiPo 4-speed was 50.78". Essentially, the 9" required a 1" shorter driveshaft as compared to the 8".

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

A Ford MPC dated April 1965 states the HiPo was 49.70" long (center-to-center of universal-joint holes). The Non-HiPo 4-speed was 50.78". Essentially, the 9" required a 1" shorter driveshaft as compared to the 8".

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

that's the measurement I've always used; U-joint center to center.

Z. Ray

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!