65 Falcon 271 HP Challenger V-8

• Just because the brochure says an option is available does not make it so. This might be a Canadian brochure. It appears that Oakville produced about seven or eight of these cars for drag racing. There is documentation to support that and a couple of these Falcons have surfaced -- all Canadian built -- but none have ever been verified in the U.S. as American made.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Just because the brochure says an option is available does not make it so. This might be a Canadian brochure. It appears that Oakville produced about seven or eight of these cars for drag racing. There is documentation to support that and a couple of these Falcons have surfaced -- all Canadian built -- but none have ever been verified in the U.S. as American made.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

According to the eBay seller, that brochure is marked with a "Canadian Litho". It was sold for a high bid of $76.00.

• I noticed a previous post for a Sales Brochure - 65 Falcon 271 HP Challenger V8. Below is a web site where owner states that the Falcon for sale is 1 of 7 factory built hipo's. Has anyone taken a look at this car? I would be curious to know if the VIN shows the engine code as K (like the Mustang and Fairlane) or would it be similar to the Comet where the only proof for a factory hipo is in the documentation?

Ron

http://www.macleanclassics.com/1965flacon.htm

• Hi,

At the SAAC convention in Portland, OR in the beginning of

the 90's, there was a guy with a Falcon 63 1/2 equipped with

a 289 HiPo engine. He showed me a magazine article about

this dealer installed option and I think there were about 5 cars made or something. In that case the engine code wasn't

a K, of course, due to the dealer installation. Very cool car though.

/Bo

• So far, it apears that there were a few 271 hp 289 Falcons built and sold in Canada. Here's one that was the subject of a magazine article some time ago:

<center>[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/34_12_sb.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/44_12_sb.jpg]</center>

Notice the Canadian warranty plate is considerably different than the American counterpart.

There was an ebay auction for a copy of <i>Muscle Car Review</i> that has a story of this Canadian HiPo Falcon. Here's a quote from the seller's ad:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

HERE IS THE ISSUE OF "MUSCLE CAR REVIEW" MAGAZINE (CANADIAN DISTRIBUTION COPY) THAT FEATURES THE RAREST OF ALL MUSCLE CARS - A 65 FORD FALCON WITH FACTORY 289, 271 HORSEPOWER HIGH PERFORMANCE WITH 4 SPEED IN A 2 DOOR SEDAN.

THIS WAS A CAR THAT I OWNED ON AND OFF FOR ALMOST 29 YEARS! IT WAS ONE OF ONLY SEVEN (7) 65 FALCONS DOCUMENTED WITH THIS OPTION AND ONLY AVAILABLE IN CANADA! MOST CAR ENTHUSIASTS HAVE HEARD OF THIS CAR BUT NEVER ACTUALLY HAVE SEEN ONE. I OWNED, DROVE AND RACED THIS CAR FOR MANY YEARS. IT NOW RESIDES IN MEDINA NEW YORK WITH ITS PROUD NEW OWNER. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• Canada also sent some down to Holman-Moody for road racing in Europe. They had Lincoln Disk Brakes as well as a bunch of other "goodies". The officials in Europe didn't like it at all and tried to stop them, but could not. A member of this site has one of the H-M cars and is doing a restoration on it for Vintage Road Racing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!