coil spring paint stripe color

• According to the Hipo book, front coil spring paint stripe should be red or brown. On my LH spring, I only found a couple of small bits of brownish paint that might not even be part of the original stripe.

On the RH spring, I found the remains of a <b>white</b> stripe. Both springs have the same dimensions and # of coils as called out in the book. I'm just trying to figure out why the white stripe. I do know that the car was damaged on the passenger side, both front and rear corners sometime early in its life. Would a service replacement spring possibly have a white stripe?

It isn't a huge deal to me, but I am curious.

Lyle

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This thread has a good discussion on front spring stripes and what the white stripes possibly mean:

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…e&TOPIC_ID=4279

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks. It is nice to have some idea what the stripe means. I'll take a closer look to see if I can find a Red/Brown stripe in addition to the white one. I did a search on this site for info, but didn't come up with that thread in my results.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I did a search on this site for info, but didn't come up with that thread in my results.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Using the <i>ADVANCED SEARCH</i> feature might yield varying results depending on how you use it. You can use a narrow field of parameters, using specific keywords, etc., or a broad field. I always try to limit searches to the specific forums where the posts are most likely to be located. If you check the "Archived Posts" box it will only search in the site Archives. If you don't check the "Archived Posts" box, it will only search the current pages for a match. I usually will search in both places to cover all the possibilities.

If you don't check the "Archived Posts" box, it will only search the current pages for a match. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I think that's probably where I hosed up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!