• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Bill, I haven't heard about them. Please tell me more.

Thanks, Gary

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I'm no expert on these, but I have been following the threads on other forums about them. They are basically going to attempt to reproduce a complete '67 shell. The idea was probably to capitalize on the Elenor(sp)/Shelby craze. Now that prices have softened, I kind of wonder if it will ever happen. To build a complete car using aftermarket parts is extremely expensive. Not to mention the obvious VIN issues. They did it for the Camaro, but I'm not sure how well they are selling. Also, the Camaro is a body on frame design which was probably easier to produce. Check out the Vintage Mustang and do a search. You will find plenty of info.

• I saw the 67 fastback at the 2006 SEMA show and I thought that it looked really good. It had a trunk lid and doors. It only needed to add everything unboltable from a donor car and it would be a done deal. I believe the pricing is around $15,000 for the shell but I am open to correction on this.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• About 10 years ago, I read something that said Dynacorn planned to make the metal trim pieces that hold the lower part of the 65-66 dashpads on. I wish they hadn't decided against making them. It seems like something right up their alley.

• I get about a dozen car mag's every month, and I thought one of them said that Dynacorn was also going to make 65/66 and "other" Mustang bodies. I could be wrong, anyone else read that?

I think it's great that someone would go through the trouble of making these bodies. However I also think it's VERY important that the buyer of a "vintage car" know exactly what parts (the body for instance) are what. Passing off one of these bodies as something other that what it is would be terribly wrong.

• Dynacorn makes the 67-68 fastback body, has both torque boxes 68 style, and now have the 69 -70 body for sale. Better grade steel, and slightly thicker. They also have the 67-68 camaro's .And the 69 camaro, coupe or conv.All of these bodies, have doors hinged, and trunk lids, appox. 15,000. They also produce the 1949- thur 55 1st series half ton chev. pickup truck. Is the 65-66 fastback next?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!