• new ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

1965 K Code Hipo Fastback. The real thing and an investment grade car. The San Jose built fastback was restored from a virtually rust free Texas body and chemically dipped. Only one small section of a floor pan had to be replaced. It was an extremely sound body.

The body work on the car is a work of art that took 15 months to complete and is arrow straight. The restoration was done by an MCA Gold Card judge and to original specifications with the exception of the side exit exhaust exhaust system and Tri “Y” headers as used on the 1965 Shelbys. It provides a great sound that fits the muscle car image of the car. There is a set of Hipo exhaust manifolds that go with it.

The drive train is all original Hipo and although not original to the car, the engine and transmission are from the same donor car with matching VINs. The engine is freshly rebuilt to .030 over. The Hipo heads are matching date codes. The harmonic balancer is date matched and original Hipo and the alternator has been restored to Hipo specifications with the large pulley and Autolite stamp. The radiator is original to the car and has the San Jose markings including the date of 10-64 embossed in the top of the tank. The toploader four speed transmission is also freshly rebuilt. The Ford 9” rear end is a factory unit with 3:50 gear. Limited slip was added during the rebuild. The solid lifters sound like a symphony.

The car is, and has always been equipped with front disc brakes. I have owned the car for 5 years and the former owner out of Austin, Texas had the car for 17 years. The white interior is the original color and the seat belts have been correctly restored by Ssnake Oyl with date coded labels. The carb was rebuilt by Pony Carburetors. The car runs and drives as well as it looks. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it to the east or west coast. The undercarriage has been detailed and is great condition. It has new dual redline radial tires and styled steel wheels. No warranties are expressed or implied.

Call (903) 571-0299 for questions or to arrange a viewing.

• Official Post

This Kar is being sold by one of our board members here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I don't know these Kars like you guys, but if I were looking for one my finger would be hovering over the BIN button on this one. Not crazy about the black painted underside though; can't be correct on a San Jose car..??

• Official Post

This Kar sold for $38,000 July 6, 2010 on Ebay.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!