WTB '65 GT Instrument bezel

• I am looking for an original 1965 GT 5 gauge cluster bezel that is in good to excellent condition to replace the '66 one that is my car. Unfortunately, I sold mine many years ago before I realized the 65s were different than the 66 versions.

Thanks,

Jay

• Friendly FYI... the '65 GT, standard instrument cluster bezel is the same exact piece as the wood grain bezel, except instead of wood grain inserts, there are camera case stick-on inserts. The repro is pretty decent for this piece also.

• I had actually considered buying an original wood grain version and making a camera black insert, but thought I would check to see if anyone had anything available. If there is nothing, I will go with a repro as I have heard from many sources that the current one is a very nice piece. Alternatively, does anyone make a camera black insert that I could use on a woodgrain part? I have looked in the past, but never found one.

66gtk,

Thanks for the offer on the glove box door, but I am OK with what I have.

• Are you sure that the instrument cluster itself is correct?

The 1965 GT/pony 5 gauge cluster is different from the 1966 standard 5 gauge cluster, regardless of what the instrument cluster bezel is.

• Forgive me but sometime ago I read that the woodgrain finish is stuck on over the camera case. Is this correct ?. If so a pony cluster could be stripped back and used.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Forgive me but sometime ago I read that the woodgrain finish is stuck on over the camera case. Is this correct ?. If so a pony cluster could be stripped back and used.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not on the instrument cluster bezel, but yes on the glove box door.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Are you sure that the instrument cluster itself is correct?

The 1965 GT/pony 5 gauge cluster is different from the 1966 standard 5 gauge cluster, regardless of what the instrument cluster bezel is.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No I have not confirmed I have the '65 gauge cluster. All of the work was done by a previous owner and so I will find out what I have when I take the cluster out to replace the bezel. Hopefully, I will not be looking for more parts after I get to that point......

• Thanks for the info guys. I am guessing that while the PO did some incorrect things in his resto (66 seat covers and door panels), he did not change the cluster as that would have required a wiring change. Hopefully it was only a bezel change and I will be able to set it right without too much effort.

Jay

• Thanks to Joe's lead to Mr G's, I now have set of camera black inserts. To change my original bezel request, does anyone have an original woodgrain instrument bezel that they would part with? They show up on the local Craigslist fairly regularly so I know I will find one, but thought I would check here also.

Thanks,

Jay

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!