Wanted W MO SJ radiator date code 10 65

• Must be straight. Ok if it needs to be re-cored. V8 4sp prefered but automatic trans radiators considered. Prefered without C4ZE Y2 stampings but with C4ZE Y2 stampings would be considered.

Reply with condition, pics and price

Ray

RTharp427@msn.com

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/20/2009 23:59:18

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/21/2009 00:02:59

• That pic is worth a 1000 words.

This pic has the C4ZE Y2 stampings. I would prefer without the C4ZE Y2 stampings but would consider with the C4ZE if the date code was 10 65.

Thanks Dave for da pic.

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/21/2009 00:02:18

• If any of you guys are looking at what you have laying around please note the rounded end top brackets on each side/top as opposed to the more common square corner brackets of Dearborn and Metuchen built rads.

• Dave and others,

I am a bit confused. First of all this radiator would be for my 66 Shelby. I have cooresponded with the owner of a Shelby invoiced same day. SFM number 4 cars from mine. His rad does not have the C4ZE with Y2 stamped under it. He simply has W MO with 10 65 under it.

All other date codes we have compared are alike. Both of cars were built 11 65. He has owed his Hertz since 1967 when it was sold back through Ford so his car is pure and original. His rad is in the car so he can not see the sides but apparently some SJ rads came through without C4ZE Y2 stampings. Any discussion?

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/21/2009 00:04:12

• I just looked at pics of a 66 Shelby radiator that a guy had for sale. Date code 2 66. It too did NOT have the C4ZE Y2 stampings. It was for an automatic but those ports could be removed. Let me know if anyone is interested in the guys number.

I guess I am now looking for SJ radiator without the C4ZE Y2 stampings. But with a little micro surgery the C4ZE could be removed so I would consider either with or without but date code must be 10 65.

Ray

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/20/2009 23:53:17

• Not sure when the C4ZE and Y2 (or other designation) stamping was eliminated from the San Jose radiators but believe it was before Sept. '65. My 2-66 rad does not have those stamps, neither did the 10-65 rad I used to own. I've seen a 9-65 without them as well.

I think it would be fairly easy to figure out when the stampings were dropped with some more input from others on this site.

Dave
    6S1757

• Where is that 10/65 radiator you used to own now that I need it.

Isn't that the way it goes.

Any idea if the guy that bought it actually installed it? Maybe he just sat it back and burnt out on the project. No such luck huh.

The pic that Round2K sent me looks like 12 64 if my magnifing glass serves me correctly and it has the C4ZE Y2 stamping.

Ray

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/21/2009 11:44:29

• OK. While we are at it, does anyone know the difference between the "G2" and "Y2"?

Here are some photos of a 6-65 dated SJ radiator. Now it has a "Y2"...and as you can see, a pretty weird "Y."

Most of the GT350's (5-65 and earlier, at least) that I have seen, have a "G2."

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I really need a 4-65 or 5-65 Manual Trans. SJ Radiator. I will be using this 6-65 if I cannot find one though.

Thanks,

Brant

[Blocked Image: http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FhFCoO_tIME/St9q-0ZpmHI/AAAAAAAAH00/R0kGsBwAmCw/s400/P5170015.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FhFCoO_tIME/St9q_XuVnVI/AAAAAAAAH04/-a_nQFcrMCc/s400/P5170016.JPG]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Where is that 10/65 radiator you used to own now that I need it.

Isn't that the way it goes.

Any idea if the guy that bought it actually installed it? Maybe he just sat it back and burnt out on the project. No such luck huh.

The pic that Round2K sent me looks like 12 64 if my magnifing glass serves me correctly and it has the C4ZE Y2 stamping.

Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The 10-65 radiator is going in a 66 early Hertz GT350, traded it for the 2-66 which now sits in my car.

I agree, the date in Dave's pic is 12-64.

Dave
    6S1757

• IF the radiator (San Jose) lacks the debossed engineering number I would expect that the brazed on id tag would be present. We've seen plenty of San Jose radiator through 67 with both

• Brant,

Nobody has been able to say what's the difference between G2

and Y2 marked San Jose W-MO radiators. As you said all Shelbys

in the second larger batch from #114, i.e. 2-65, 3-65, 4-65

and 5-65 I have seen has had the G2. Anybody with an original

K-code Mustang built in San Jose and original radiator that

has seen any with Y2. Max at AMK said the difference was

between early and late which I don't believe as I have seen

both G2 and Y2 marked with the same dates. I personally believe

it has to do with K-code, A-code and C-code with manual transmissions.

/Bo

• I have a SJ radiator W MO-date code 6 64 with C4ZE embossed. Also has a soldered Z tag like Brant's above photo next to an embossed 2. AMK calls a Z2 radiator a 66 automatic V8.

The very early date code throws me.

Anyone have an idea what this radiator is? Any history on the soldered alphabet 3/8" square tag like mine and Brant's?

Anyone know if under the soldered tag is an embossed letter being covered up?

Ray

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/22/2009 09:59:53

Edited by - poboy427 on 10/22/2009 10:00:31

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Ray

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Ray,

That is a great question. On my radiator, it does not look like there could be a raised letter under the "Y." The piece of metal that it is stamped on just would probably not lay down flat unless the raised letter under it was somehow flattened.

When I get around to it, I'm going to take that "Y" off and check it out.

Also, like Bo mentioned also, all of the early GT350's that I have seen have the "G2" designation. I think for my car, that is what I actually need.

Thanks to everyone for discussing this. It is amazing how much stuff we continue to learn about these cars.

-Brant

Edited by - club 33 on 10/22/2009 12:22:54

.............. Anybody with an original

K-code Mustang built in San Jose and original radiator that

has seen any with Y2. ..............

Not sure why a K code only - do have pictures of a Y2 with a 12-64 date

Like the one Dave (round2K) posted of his San Jose radiator

Edited by - J_Speegle on 10/22/2009 17:17:02

• Jeff,

Do we know that the Y2 that Dave shows is original to a K-code.

Think I have said this before but there are some pictures of early

65 Shelbys #004-113 in magazines and I have been trying with a

magnifying glass to see what markings the radiator tops have

but to no avail. Wonder if some old literature from the supplier to Ford specifies the difference between G2,Y2,Z2 etc.

/Bo

Anyone have an idea what this radiator is? Any history on the soldered alphabet 3/8" square tag like mine and Brant's?

When I first saw the 6-65 radiator Brant now owns, I had never seen anything like that. Since then I have seen, or heard of, three others including the 6-64 one Ray has.

Dave
    6S1757

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!