Best water pump numbers?

• I have just come across a supplier that has a bin of small block Ford mid 60's core pumps. He doesn't know what he has but is willing to sell me the cores with a rebuild at a very reasonable price. I know the difference between the HIPO impeller and standard but I don't know the casting numbers. What should I look for?

• Wha - ya don-a gott-a hypo book?

From page 30 (4th ed); C3AE-D or C4OE-A for the aluminum type; C5OE-A or C5OE-B for 66 cast iron type. I think there's an intermediate cast iron type in there for a month or two but I got the one I need (from Fred- another thanks) so I don't pay attention to them. There is no difference in casting numbers between HP and regular 289 production. The HP had the six blade impeller installed which makes the difference.

Jim

• Hey there;

I would be interested in one with a Feb./March 1965 date. Aluminum I think is correct....

Mike

Been working on/parting out/and rebuilding these Classic Mustangs since 1989... All in the dry South West/San Diego, CA.

• C4OE-8505-A for generator (starting in June 1964)

C5AE-8505-C for alternator until around June 1965

C5OE-8505-B from June 1965 or a month or two (cast iron)

C6OE-A late 1965 production and all of 1966-67 production

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!