WTB: Distributor

• I need a dual point distributor, rebuilt or rebuildable, for my Mar 65 Kar. Date code range Dec64-Feb65 would work fine.

I have an earlier one but it is a mite too early. I could use it, but I'd rather get closer to build date (Mar 01 65).

Any offers out there?

Thanks,

rdsieber

• In response to queries:

My distributor is a C3OF 12127-D with a date code of 3KB. I suspect that this came from a very late 63 - early 64 HiPo Fairlane. I have seen another example of this dizzy (in person) on a HiPo Fairlane.

Mine has the manual oil lube cap on the side, and no blocked vacuum adv housing as on the 12127-Fs. Please refer to Bob Mannel's reference book: p 3-49, photo 3H2d, as well as 4-47, photo 4H1

My distributor is in perfectly restored and show-ready shape. It can be used on a 1964 car; mine is early 65. Waah!

For some reason, the shaft is too long for a 65 block. Chuck Barbero said he can change this for me if I can't get my local guy to do it.

I could put it on my Mar 01 car, but the period correct one has a different support housing contour. I'd be interested in a trade to obtain period correct, and can send photos of what I have. Please PM me if interested in a trade and/or if you have what I need.

If no one has one to trade, I'd still like to buy one! The car won't run without it.

Thanks for the interest,

=rds

• I spoke with Chuck Barbero of Distributor Dynamics, and he thinks that it could easily have been fit into a 64.5 Kar. These distributors, acc Chuck, were batch-made, and sat around in a bin on the line until a K order rolled through every now and then. So, the date, could ahve been off by as much as several months.

• Sounds like bull to me as my car is July/Aug 1964 built Hipo and distributor in it is C5 numbered with July 64 date and is original to my car so that story don't ad up...Sorry

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Sounds like bull to me as my car is July/Aug 1964 built Hipo and distributor in it is C5 numbered with July 64 date and is original to my car so that story don't ad up...Sorry

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It's takes more than one specific example to make a sweeping generalization, So your comment "...don't add up.."

Z.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!