289 HIPO Alt Pulley

• Wayne,

If this is for your Shelby you probably need to say you

need the -H marked pulley and not the -C marked one.

The -H was used from around April 1:st, if I am remember

correctly.

/Bo

• Wayne,

I would say it would be a very close call on your car as to the "C" or the "H" pulley. I know about the April 1st date, but I've seen some later cars (after 4/1) that had "C" pulleys that may have been original-can't say 100% though.

-Brant

Edited by - club 33 on 01/31/2010 19:31:46

• 5F09K701583 has a scheduled build date of April 22, 65. It has the

-C alternator pulley. Brant is correct, there was carryover material used well after the published date. I am 99% certain this is the original fan and pulley on this car.

• As we all remember - placing an exact date on when these cars were really built is impossible so the changeover date could be a hard and correct one. Its the date that the car's were built (finished before the door tag date) that could be off by enough to make up for it.

The real answer seems to be one we will never be able to confirm for sure

• I purchased a -C pulley and fan for my April 14th Dearborn K code several years ago. I was very glad when I found it.

Back in the early 80's I viewed a very original low mileage K code built a week or so later in April than my car and it also had the -C pulley.

Back then even as a teenager I was collecting notes and pics of the odd K code stuff like this. And especially for original parts my car was missing - like this pulley.

Hard change over dates were never a Ford speciality - they used stuff up before moving on.....more cost effective that way.

Edited by - RalphJr on 02/01/2010 08:47:49

• Well, Wayne's car is just about 10 numbers from my car

when built in San Jose and my car was built in May 65 as was the original engine assembly date.

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hard change over dates were never a Ford speciality - they used stuff up before moving on.....more cost effective that way.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

IMHO it really depends on the specific part(s) Plenty of workers tell stories of dumping parts (you could always use them in the service replacement line) or even scrapping them.

• For what it is worth, 65 GT 350s #422, #441, & #455 all have the 'C' hipo alt. pulley. All 3 were delivered to S.A. between 5 and 12 June 1965.

Edited by - paul on 02/02/2010 16:38:26

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!