1965-66 9 inch housings at the 45th anniversary

• I had my new 9 inch housings on display at the Birmingham 45th anniversary for all to see , touch and feel. Several of the exchange guys stopped by and checked them outand commented they were spot on. They reallly liked them and I was offering them at a bargain price of 1,000.00 each and I had no takers. No one was buying anything up to 100.00 because of the economy. They were all powder coated too. They look really good for a concours restoration. they are in fact exact. Will the guys that were there and saw them give me some feedback please so the others can hear what a fine product we have? thanks Don Quillen

• My buddy Charlie and I stopped and looked at the 9" housings. I must say that they looked very good. I couldn't tell that it wasn't an original. In this day we usually have no choice other than to put up with sub-par repro parts or pay ridiculous prices for NOS or usable original parts. If I was in need of a 9" Mustang housing and couldn't find a suitable original, I'd get one of these.

• I also stopped and looked at the housings - they are awesome!

If you need one BUY ONE you will not be disappointed. This is a "spot on" remake of an original - without the rust pits or other issues.

Edited by - RalphJr on 05/14/2009 07:30:41

• This certainly sounds good. Without a visual it is to hard fully consider this piece.

Would it be possible to post some photos especially of the connection between the tubes and the center carrier?

Are the tubes a reproduction or from an 8" banjo? (the transition from full tube diamete to the stepped down diameter is different on 8" which most of the re-makes use--still doable though).

Thank You

• I didn't take any photos, but I can confirm that the tubes are correct. They are not re-used 8" tubes - they are brand new. I asked the seller/builder how he made them......and he winked at me! He has come up with a way to make the taper on virgin tube stock and isn't sharing his secret. If I had the key I wouldn't share it either!

You will not be disappointed with his housing.

• To: Camp Upsur

I have emailed you some pictures of the tubes in question. We forgot how to get these pictures on this thread I have some more of you would like to see. We had wonderful feedback at the 45th Mustang Birthday party.

This certainly sounds good. Without a visual it is to hard fully consider this piece.

Would it be possible to post some photos especially of the connection between the tubes and the center carrier?

Are the tubes a reproduction or from an 8" banjo? (the transition from full tube diamete to the stepped down diameter is different on 8" which most of the re-makes use--still doable though).

Thank You

[/quote]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!