Some Original HIPO Stuff For Sale

• Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster.I have been sitting on some rare Hipo parts for awhile and have decided it is time to let them go to someone who needs them more than I.

I Have : 1 complete C cervo C4 in very nice shape and intact

: 1 complete Hipo motor intact but missing motor mounts exhaust manifolds fan and bell housing taken from 5R07K258330

: 1 4spd toploader intact taken from 5R07K258330

: 1 HCC AX steering box intact in as new condition

: 1 set off Hipo motor mounts in out standing condition but missing the center steel mount.

Please let me know what you guy think and contact me with any questions you may have.

Edited by - spawny on 09/15/2008 19:32:10

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi everyone long time lurker first time poster.I have been sitting on some rare Hipo parts for awhile and have decided it is time to let them go to someone who needs them more than I.

I Have : 1 complete C cervo C4 in very nice shape and intact

: 1 complete Hipo motor intact but missing motor mounts exhaust manifolds fan and bell housing taken from 5R07K258330

: 1 4spd toploader intact taken from 5R07K258330

: 1 HCC AX steering box intact in as new condition

: 1 set off Hipo motor mounts in out standing condition but missing the center steel mount.

Please let me know what you guy think and contact me with any questions you may have.

Edited by - spawny on 09/15/2008 19:32:10

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

you are supposed to list prices on this forum

Z. Ray

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi again everyone thought I would add some stuff and prices.

So I have decided to offer the body numbers door tag original doors and the motor and tranny from 5R07K258330 as a package with title.The car is race only now and has been given a chassis number by my sanctioning body so the VIN means nothing now .Package $12.000.00 US................

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

you can't list a title for sale on ebay without the car. I don't think just the engine/transmission & door tag qualifies as a car.

The VIN "means nothing now" may be your attitude, but I see a fraudulent K-code on down the line out of this deal.

Z. Ray

• Thank You for the warm welcome ZRAYRICHTER I have never been a fan of flame wars on the internet but seeing as how you have choosen to call me a fraudster I guess I will respond.What you are referring to as fraud is called a rebodied car it is only fraud if you dont disclose this to a purchaser.Now dont get me wrong I am not a fan of rebodying cars but when you have somthing that is air from the windows down what would you do ZRAYRICHTER spend 20k on NOS panels and 30k putting it all together or maybe glue it together with offshore soup cans

or find a nice rustfree shell and end up with a nice original sheet metal car that has been given a new life.

You speak of my attitude well I happen to own 5 Kcode cars including my race car plus a few Shelbys and a 69 Boss 302 and fully admit that three of my cars are rebodies and I love them all.Now I also do have a 66 Kcode that has nothing of the body left and a 67 Kcode fastback that is even worse so what do you think I should do with those scoop them up and send them to the dump.

Thank You

P.S it says all body numbers door tag and orig doors

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

So I have decided to offer the body numbers door tag original doors and the motor and tranny from 5R07K258330 as a package with title.The car is race only now and has been given a chassis number by my sanctioning body so the VIN means nothing now .Package $12.000.00 US................

you can't list a title for sale on ebay without the car. I don't think just the engine/transmission & door tag qualifies as a car.

The VIN "means nothing now" may be your attitude, but I see a fraudulent K-code on down the line out of this deal.

Z. Ray

Thank You for the warm welcome ZRAYRICHTER I have never been a fan of flame wars on the internet but seeing as how you have choosen to call me a fraudster I guess I will respond.What you are referring to as fraud is called a rebodied car it is only fraud if you dont disclose this to a purchaser.Now dont get me wrong I am not a fan of rebodying cars but when you have somthing that is air from the windows down what would you do ZRAYRICHTER spend 20k on NOS panels and 30k putting it all together or maybe glue it together with offshore soup cans

or find a nice rustfree shell and end up with a nice original sheet metal car that has been given a new life.

You speak of my attitude well I happen to own 5 Kcode cars including my race car plus a few Shelbys and a 69 Boss 302 and fully admit that three of my cars are rebodies and I love them all.Now I also do have a 66 Kcode that has nothing of the body left and a 67 Kcode fastback that is even worse so what do you think I should do with those scoop them up and send them to the dump.

Thank You

P.S it says all body numbers door tag and orig doors

Z. Ray

I didn't call you "a fraudster" . I said, "... I see a fraudulent K-code on down the line out of this deal...."

And I stand by that statement.

Z. Ray

• Z. Ray is right - I see no direct attack or flame of you - just an opinion regarding the potential for fraud here. And I also agree it is wrong.

Set aside the fact that some owners might ACTAULLY be honest about their "RE-BODY" cars (hard to tell if all owners would if big miney was on the line)- in many states it is ILLEGAL to modify VIN numbers.

Look what happened to Unique Performance in Dallas, Texas. They were the group building the majority of the Eleanor Shelby remakes. They were doing title scrubbing and number modifications and got SHUT DOWN by the Texas DMV and ultimately went belly up. Criminal charges will likely follow.

Ulitmately it HURTS every owner of an original or properly restored car when someone takes SALVAGE parts - and that is what you are offering for sale - and sells them as a package for re-creation of a car that was previously destroyed - even suggesting that someone could recreate this car is a bad idea and opens a whole can of worms for potential fraud, serious legal issues, and someone getting hurt -- IMHO.

This "RE-BODY" issue has been discussed here MANY times before AND several members have found out the hard way their cars were fakes or re-bodies - I bet they would agree with me and Z. Ray that this is wrong. It is easy for someone to be "taken" if they are not fully knowledgeable of what a "K" car is. That is something we strive to eliminate by sharing information about what makes a K car special AND by discouraging fakes, re-bodies, or other questionable activity. I have several BOSS302 owner/friends AND know for a fact that the BOSS crowd shares this same goal and opinion - just check out the BOSS302 registry site and search on re-body - you might be surprised. This is also why the SHELBY group started their registry years ago - to protect original cars and keep a record of cars lost to history - unfortunately some of those cars are coming back to life with the increase in Shelby prices - ask a Shelby owner what he thinks about this - oh wait Z. Ray is one!

We're not attacking or flaming you - we are simply stating what I think is the MAJORITY opinion of our small "specialty car" group - re-bodied cars are bad for our hobby, ultimately can hurt someone, and can impact our original car values.

It is great that you have cars you love - enjoy them. But if or when you sell them the "re-body' status of those cars can easily be lost / forgotten / or will simply not be shared with future buyers once it is out of your hands. How would you feel if you had a dream all your life of owning an "original" rare car - finding it - buying it - then finding out you paid top dollar for a "re-creation" that you could not re-sell for the same money? You would feel ripped off right? This is what usually happens.

SPAWNY, do you still have the servo?

Hi yes I still have it and just to be clear it is the whole transmission.

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!