Still looking! Wanted!! COMPLETE 66 8K RALLY-PAC

• Hey Fred... Thats interetsting.....All the ones I have ever seen were the spaced out numbers.. the repros have the 10-15-20 ect not 10-20-30.... do you have an orig for sale?

Edited by - 64jmb on 01/02/2008 07:14:49

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

All the ones I have ever seen were the spaced out numbers.. the repros have the 10-15-20 ect not 10-20-30...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<i>Although this has not been fully documented</i>, it's been observed that the '65 low profile tachs have the numbers spaced in 500 RPM divisions, and the '66 version has the numbers divided by 1000 RPM's.

• The NOS low profile 8K tach with the 10, 15, 20, etc. spacing that I have is a C5ZZ 17360 E. Ford used the same part number for 65 and 66. It has a July 1965 date code on it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thats cool... I located one and friend of mine has and consindering it.. it is the low profile with the 10-20-30 on it.... I will let you know if I get it...

Thanks

Joey

• Since I had, what I hope is the original, and my newly purchesed repop side by side. I thought I would post a picture of the two. The top one is the one that came with my 66 KGT coupe. The bottom one is the one that has been sold twice on this post and will soon find its way into my 65 A code 2+2.

[Blocked Image: http://www.thefroginator.co.uk/fm-pix/albums/userpics/rally%20pack%20small.jpg]

At $195 I am very happy with the repop, but I would not be happy if I paid the $479 that suppliers are asking. The Tach wasen't centered in the housing. After taking it apart to center it, I was very supprised at how cheaply it was made. If you are looking for one for an original K Kar, take the time to find a original.

Larry

• I wonder if it shifted in transit. I didn't notice that, but I didn't look at it too carefully either. I think I had it for 2 days. I think that repo is an older one??? I didn't notice a wire for any lights.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!