289 HI-PO FAN FOR SALE

• Where do these prices come from?A NOS one sold for alot less then that and that's not even realistic.Repops are $89 and an original one isn't worth no where near that kind of money.I had 2 originals I sold awhile back for $175 each and I thought that was a good price?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Where do these prices come from?A NOS one sold for alot less then that and that's not even realistic.Repops are $89 and an original one isn't worth no where near that kind of money.I had 2 originals I sold awhile back for $175 each and I thought that was a good price?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Please read this post.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6800

Original, good condition fans have been in the $700-1000 range for awhile and I can't remember the last time I saw one for sale. Search this link to get an idea of prices.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=11

Main caps and 65 motor mounts have also gone crazy in the last year.

• I had a repro fan on my 65 Hipo Fairlane sports coupe and it worked well without any vibrations. They look quite similar to an original but anyone who really knows the difference can tell a repro from just a picture. It is not necessary to get up close and personal to tell as the repro does have a very subtle difference in the shape of the blades.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

FORE SALE, ORIGINAL 289 HI-PO FAN, DATE CODE G 64 NO DAMAGE JUST SOME OF THE ORIGINAL PAINT PEELING, ONE OF THE NICEST I HAVE SEEN.$1100.00 BEST OFFER CONTACT jjz109@msn.com FOR PICTUTRES AND INFO.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hey Chuck.

Sorry for the stupid question, but I gather the fan is for a 1964 K?

Regards,

René

BTW, the coil is going great guns.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

FORE SALE, ORIGINAL 289 HI-PO FAN, DATE CODE G 64 NO DAMAGE JUST SOME OF THE ORIGINAL PAINT PEELING, ONE OF THE NICEST I HAVE SEEN.$1100.00 BEST OFFER CONTACT jjz109@msn.com FOR PICTUTRES AND INFO.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hey Chuck.

Regards,

René

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> Yes Rene it is a July 1964 k code fan , glad to hear the coil is working good for you, Chuck.

Edited by - chucks302 on 09/04/2007 19:30:29

• There is a 289 HP bare block for sale on 'bay right now. The guy wants $3695.00 + $200.00 shipping for it. I guess this stuff is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hey Chuck.

Regards,

René

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Rene, going back to your question if the fan was for a 64 k code, it is a july build date fan so would it be possible for it to be close enough to be correct on an aug or sept 65 k code mustang ?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Rene, going back to your question if the fan was for a 64 k code, it is a july build date fan so would it be possible for it to be close enough to be correct on an aug or sept 65 k code mustang ?

Hey Chuck.

I would think that is possible. Parts of all types carried over into the 65 if they were left over I'm lead to believe.

The best guy to ask is Fred Ballard (c6zzkgt). He knows this stuff inside out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

René

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Rene, going back to your question if the fan was for a 64 k code, it is a july build date fan so would it be possible for it to be close enough to be correct on an aug or sept 65 k code mustang ?

Hey Chuck.

I would think that is possible. Parts of all types carried over into the 65 if they were left over I'm lead to believe.

The best guy to ask is Fred Ballard (c6zzkgt). He knows this stuff inside out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

René

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Thats a big ten four Rene, when ever i call fred he always sets the record strait ,i called him for help on a camshaft and gave me the answer asap he is what we call at the ford dealership the hot line,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!