1966 GT-350 for sale or trade

• SFM6s1117

well maintained, unrestored.

$119,000.00*

interested in trade, cash plus: driver K code, any year or body style, or driver '64 Galaxie

original engine, transmission. Driver door skin replaced, all other sheet metal original.

recent photos on:

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/garage_vehicle…ew_vehicle&id=5

zrichter@austin.rr.com

* price includes Paxton. Price w/o Paxton negotiable.

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 02/23/2011 14:40:29

• Cant be easy Ray. Sorry to hear you are selling. I know I have teased in the past about taking that beat up old motor off your hands, but in truth I hope you get to keep her.

Cheers keep in touch.

Mark

• I'm fine with it.

The truth is, I just don't get a drive as much as I used to. And for the driving I do get to enjoy, a K code will fill the bill just fine.

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 02/22/2011 17:12:55

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi, was this an original supercharger car? If not, what was added. Thanks, Wallace

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No, alas it is not. fyi: there were only 11 '66 GT-350's delivered with Paxtons, ten of those had the supercharger in the trunk and the selling dealer installed it.

I purchased the vintage Paxton from Paradise Wheels (C. Conley) and did the installation myself. I am in the process of removing all the non original parts I have added over the years, including the Paxton. It will be available separately if desired.

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 02/27/2011 14:04:01

• Sorry to see you selling 6S1117 Zray but I understand your reasons. You've been a great steward for the car and the new owner will be very fortunate to have it. Good luck with the sale.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• thanks again for all the kind remarks.

here is another photo link & some misc. info

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/zr…%20for%20email/

http://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/contest_2008/Vote.asp

The verbatim listing from the newest (2011) SAAC Registry:

6S1117 Red. Date ordered 4/19/66. Shipped to El Paso Auto Center, Inc. (El Paso, Tx) 4/26/66; they were invoiced $3547.00 plus $50.00 LeMans stripes plus $40 rear seats plus $118.98 freight for a total of $3755.98. Purchased by the original owner, Floyd Beavers (College Station, Tx) for $4783.04. Purchased by John Perry (Carlsbad, New Mexico) 6/10/70. Repurchased by Beavers on 3/3/72, who moved back to Tx in '75. Purchased by Alan Harrison (Austin, Tx) 9/11/90. His wife found out 9/16/90 that he had purchased the car, and it was sold the next day. Purchased by Michael B. Jenniges (Austin, TX) 9/17/90 who overhauled the motor. Purchased by Z. Ray Richter (Austin, TX) 1/31/02. He installed a Paxton supercharger, a top loader transmission, aluminum driveshaft, a 3.00 Traction-Lok rear end and 16" wheels from a late model Mustang. All the original parts were retained. It was chosen, out of thousands of entries, by the automotive journalists of "The New York Times" be a finalist in their 2008 Collectible Car Contest. Unfortunately it didn't win the grand prize. Richter has driven it 33K miles since he purchased it.

registry inaccuracies, clarifications, or updates:

1) I made the deal to buy it in fall of 2000 on the installment plan. From that date Jenniges kept the car stored & unused until I made the final payment on 1/31/02

2) owner Jenniges, who runs a Mustang & Shelby restoration shop in Austin, didn't overhaul the motor until I bought the car from him.

3) after I sent my info to the SAAC registrar in 2008 or so, I have driven it another 10K miles for a total of 43K.

I've owned it about 10 years. I bought it from a man who runs a Mustang & Shelby restoration shop in Austin. He also owned the car about 10 years.

No accidents to my knowledge.

The first owner was a high school shop teacher. Their was a minor repair done to the right side rear quarter where a disgruntled student either kicked it or threw a baseball at it. The repaired area is visible upon close examination.

There are NUMEROUS minor dings and paint chips and mismatched paint touch up attempts. To me It looks good for 45 year old paint. The interior is all original except for the dash pad. I have never considered painting or restoring the car, just enjoying an un-restored example that can be driven anywhere. I drove it on a 1900 mile round trip in the spring of 2009 to New Mexico without incident.

The paint is original as far as I know. I am no paint expert but was told it had never been repainted. The only body panel I know that has been replaced was the driver side door skin. The passenger side door skin has a typical rust bubble in the lower front corner.

No rust on frame rails or on floor pan.

The wheels are old FoMoCo chrome Magnum 500's, but not original to the car. It came with painted Magnum 500's. I have one that was the spare when I bought it.

The Paxton is not original, but is period correct There were only a few Shelby's to be sold w/ a Paxton, and with one exception, all of them were dealer installed.

I am in the process of removing all non original items and will be selling the car w/o the Paxton unless there is a request for it. Also removing the toploader and 3.00 rear pumpkin and reinstalling the original T-10 transmission that has been restored, and 3.89 pumpkin (w/ new gears and traction lock). Also will be removing the msd ignition and reinstalling the original Hi-Po distributor.

thanks,

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 03/01/2011 14:14:30

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

ZRay - I looked at your photo display. A lot of neat stuff. Do you have interest in selling one of your Cobra intakes? Please e-mail me at run1ski2@aol.com

Thanks.

Bill G.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

many of the parts I have in the "parts" album are just photos I have gathered for my own reference. Alas, I have no spare Cobra intakes.

Z.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!