Another New Member

• I recently purchased a 1966 GT K Code Coupe from a man in Northeast Texas. I was unaware at the time of the GT Package, and wasn't sure until I actually started tearing the car apart that it was a GT Package car. I have not taken many pictures of it yet, and finally got it up off the ground yesterday, so I could start on the underbody. But none the less, all of the GT indicators are there, fog light holes, rally pack ring on the steering column, GT badge holes on the fender (body fillered over).

I should have some pictures in the upcoming weeks of the progress, as I am anticipating a 4 year restoration. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me, and oh yeah, the VIN is 6R07K117304. Originally Wimbledon White, Blue/White Pony, Hazards, and YES!!!... factory C4, with power steering and 3.89 Limited Slip. Somebody ordered a HIPO with PS!!

• Welcome to the forum, Mark. That sounds like a great Kar. You will find many friendly and helpful people here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Welcome Mark - you'll find tons of info here and a realy nice group.

Definitely will help your research on K codes and proper restoration tips abound!

Sounds like you have a nice project and found more than you expected!

The gang here is great and will be very helpful.

• <font face='Comic Sans MS'>Hey Mark, Austin TX gives ya a big welcome to the forum. It took 7 yrs for my resto. But then I was still working at the time and had a couple of young'ns to contend with. Good bunch of guys on this forum who are always ready to help a fellow K-Guy out. </font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://s4.tinypic.com/30w2jyw_th.jpg]

• Welcome to the site Mark you will find this site a great help as you restore your car.No power steering on hipo kars, but a rare c-4 is a nice find.

mike

• Power steering was available as an over the counter kit or dealer installed, just not factory installed.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!