• Hello all,

After reading Tony's 4th addition...I've been bit by the K-code bug. A great read and the amount of detail is amazing.

I just recently sold my restored '66 Fastback A-code and have started the hunt for a K.

Lots to learn and looking forward to the fun.

Thanks!

Thorn

• Welcome aboard, Ron. One of my Kars came from Glendale. You will find many friendly and helpful people here.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks for the warm welcome, chaps.

It didn't take as long as I expected. I picked up this '67 GT-350 4-speed a couple weeks ago. Sadly, the original Hi-Po has been replaced with a 302. So, now the hunt continues for a K-motor/bits.

Anyone have an extra one laying around? [Blocked Image: http://thornguitargallery.com/rons/TR1.jpg]

Cheers,

Ron

• Official Post

Ron, I just sent you a PM.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks for the warm welcome, chaps.

It didn't take as long as I expected. I picked up this '67 GT-350 4-speed a couple weeks ago. Sadly, the original Hi-Po has been replaced with a 302. So, now the hunt continues for a K-motor/bits.

Anyone have an extra one laying around? Cheers,

Ron

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>nope dont got one. i bought my 65 fb gt k in 1974. the guy i bought it from blode the motor up real good and junked it b 4 i met him and bought the mustang. he kept the 4 speed. i almost didnt buy it cause back then it wasnt a big deal. he wanted $125.00 for the mustang and no one wanted it cause you coulf get a real nice 65-66 v8 mustnag fastback (plenty of gt's) for $600-$900. that was 1974. i finally bought it and kept it stored in my relatives shed until about 1-1/2 years ago. i know a few people looking for 289 hipo engines. you could build a clone engine. use boss 302 rods. Lee Holeman sell brand new duplicate hipo solid cams. use an aftermarket dual point dist. modify the autolite carb for a cable choke,etc. you can build it to run like a hipo 289. i got a 392w i'm putting in mine.

Edited by - stickshift on 05/20/2011 20:50:34

5F09K677490 !!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!