Rarest K code, 1 of 1 1967 GTA For Sale

• FOR SALE

I am selling my 1967 Mustang GTA Coupe. VIN 7F01K231778. This car is very nicely restored. Not a 100 point concourse car though. It is Candy Apple red with black standard interior. I have a deluxe marti report and the elite statistical analysis. Thanks to Kevin Marti and his documentation, I have proof that this car is 1 of a kind, no other made like it. This car is extremely solid but it did have two floors pans put into it. No rust on the car anywhere. This website should know of all Mustang people how rare a 1967 K code with automatic transmission is. This car does not have the oringinal K code enigne. I believe that it is a 1968 289 non-hipo. The only K code parts on the engine are the 1967 Hipo exhaust manifolds. It does have an upgraded intake manifold with an autolite 4100 carb on it. I don't know if it is a Hipo carb because I don't know how to tell the difference without the tags being on it. The car runs extrememly strong and has the original 9" rear end and. I am asking $22,500 obo. If you are interested please e-mail me at BrinkerM1@nku.edu or call 859-653-8685.

Edited by - brinks3447 on 01/15/2007 12:52:46

Edited by - brinks3447 on 02/23/2007 10:25:09

Edited by - brinks3447 on 02/24/2007 12:50:22

• Mark... not trying to hijack your post but wanted to let you know I have a complete 1967 K code engine that has about 50 miles on a re-build. This engine is currently in a 1965 K code coupe that I bought and I have not had a chance to verify everything on the engine but I feel confident it will pass. Mark, what is the build date of your car? I will check to see if the engine is correct for your car. If it is, and you need an engine to close the deal or the new owner wants to buy the engine let me know.

BTW, you car sounds really nice. I would love to see it bought by someone that will restore it back to original.

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 01/10/2007 17:41:02

Edited by - garymcgowan on 01/10/2007 18:05:32

• With the very late production date of this car it is among the very last of the Hipo 289 Mustangs ever made.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• It sounds like a nice car with nice options.

Don't take the statistical analysis from the Marti report too seriously. Every Mustang is somehow a 1 of 1 car. The main number you need to be concerned with is that there were 43 C4 equipped '67 K coupes. That number itself is downright rare.

• I have pictures of the car. I put them at the same website as the other pictures http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/brinks3447/. I did forget to mention that this car doesn't have a GT hood on it. I have the original GT hood and it is in good shape except for a rust spot where the drivers side hinge bolts on. I included pictures of it. Please keep in mind that I just pulled the car out of storage and took the pictures. I am going to detail the car but since it is going to a garage to get the windows fixed I am waiting. I find it pointless to detail a car and take it to a garage and then get it back dirty again.

Edited by - brinks3447 on 01/11/2007 19:33:04

• WOW!...Mark, a very rare K indeed. I enjoyed your pics...and cannot recall ever seeing a 67K coupe. It would be nice to see the car reunited with the proper engine...and what is the 68 style, front and back seats about?...Bob

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Mark... not trying to hijack your post but wanted to let you know I have a complete 1967 K code engine that has about 50 miles on a re-build. This engine is currently in a 1965 K code coupe that I bought and I have not had a chance to verify everything on the engine but I feel confident it will pass. Mark, what is the build date of your car? I will check to see if the engine is correct for your car. If it is, and you need an engine to close the deal or the new owner wants to buy the engine let me know.

BTW, you car sounds really nice. I would love to see it bought by someone that will restore it back to original.

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 01/10/2007 17:41:02

Edited by - garymcgowan on 01/10/2007 18:05:32

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

GaryMcgowan- If brinks3447 is not interested in your 67k Motor, I might be. I own a 67k Fastback with a correct 66 K Motor under the hood. Does your block have a VIN stamped on it? My kar was built in Apr 67. You can contact me at stang67k@tds.net

Thanks.

Dale

• Neat car. The 1 of 1 gets thrown around a little too much for my taste, since you can break any car down to a 1 of 1. That point doesn't sell your car....the Candy Apple Red K code sells your car.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Neat car. The 1 of 1 gets thrown around a little too much for my taste, since you can break any car down to a 1 of 1. That point doesn't sell your car....the Candy Apple Red K code sells your car.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not really, if two cars were made with the same options and colors, then it was 1 of 2.

I've seen very very few Marti reports that end in 1 of 1.

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
    Not really, if two cars were made with the same options and colors, then it was 1 of 2.

I've seen very very few Marti reports that end in 1 of 1.

Quite the contrary to what I have seen. If you have seen the Elite report, Kevin always will sort it out so the car is one of one. It just depends on what context you use. The Shelby convertible that I take care of has an Elite report. To get it to the 1 of 1, the final line was "1 sent to the southeast... this is that car"

Of course, the basic/deluxe reports do not break out the numbers like that, so you won't get the 1 of 1 thing.
    </div>

To get it to the 1 of 1, the final line was "1 sent to the southeast... this is that car"

Exactly...Every car is "one of one" when you factor in all the minutia, especially if you include the particular dealer, and the date the car is delivered.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

To get it to the 1 of 1, the final line was "1 sent to the southeast... this is that car"

Exactly...Every car is "one of one" when you factor in all the minutia, especially if you include the particular dealer, and the date the car is delivered.

I agree 100%. If you have a truely rare 1 of 1 vehicle, you don't need a Marti report to know it.

Gary

Edited by - garymcgowan on 01/16/2007 17:55:38

• Contrary to belief the 67 Hipo Automatic Trans did not come with the "C" Servo. Instead they used the "A" Servo so you still may have the original trans to your car. I own an Automatic 67 GT350 and my original trans has the "A" Servo on it. All 64 to 66 Hipo Automatics should have the "C" Servo. I am by no means an expert but I have researched the subject to some degree. I believe this subject has been talked about on this very forum some time ago.

Good luck with your car.

David

• What is your part number, mine is C6AP-7D027-C. Also where would you find the transmission tag. I have been looking but can't find it. That would really help me in finding out whether this is the original transmission or not.

• I will try to confirm your part number as my car is currently stored away from me for the winter. I do know the aluminum tag on mine is marked PEE-K & these tags had a habit of disappearing if your trans was ever worked on over the years. Your part number does sound familiar but I can't confirm until I see my car. I have a binder inside the car with all my part numbers and date codes as well. Some numbers I remember and others ..... Maybe someone else can chime in here to verify your numbers in the meantime. Your asking price seems reasonable as I only remember seeing one other 67 K-code coupe ever being advertised here. I lost the gentlemans information but he bought the car just around the corner from his house. It was a bit rusty, Red w/black interior, automatic with no tachometer. Does anyone remember this car as I believe it was located in New Jersey probably 3 or so years ago? I also remember it was on e-Bay but the reserve was not met. Anyways, sorry to carry on but I will try to get you that transmission information.

David

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!