How much is this K-code worth ?

• Please give me your best estimate of what this Kar is worth-

64 1/2 K-code coupe complete car but is disassembled.

original body & sheet metal is rust free.

has correctly dated block with correct casting number but is not original to the car. also comes with correct 4 speed trans.

has ALL the correct hard to find unique 64.5 K-code parts; heads, fan, balancer, carb, generator, distributor, motor mounts and whatever else i'm forgetting to mention.

original door tag is there, originally had a red exterior, interior was white with red appointments.

has complete interior but needs restored, upholstery, carpet, etc.

car basically needs to be painted, have the motor rebuilt & interior done. as mentioned all the expensive, hard to find parts are there.

i'm estimating i'd spend around 12k to finish it, half that being paint.

i'd prefer to buy a fastback or convertible project but it is an ultra rare 64 1/2. what would be a fair price for this Kar ?

thanks-

Edited by - silverblue on 07/09/2011 10:29:10

• The stuff you need to buy and to finish the car the $12G estimate is very light.You'll spend $20G redoing the car and that's if you can do something other then pay plus the cost of the car.Fastback is really where you want to be but sounds like something I would be interested in?

• agreed on your low estimate. I usually triple what I think things will cost as well as the time to complete it. I usually get closer to reality that way (:

• July 9 is the date on the door data plate.

No one has given their opinion as to what they feel a fair price is for this car as-is. how bout some estimates guys ?

• 15k is his price...his reasoning is the sum total of the car & parts are worth that..if that price is at all firm he may as well sell the parts separately. Paying 15k for a project & spending another 15k to restore it over 1,2,3 years...makes no sense IMO, better to simply buy a finished car for 30k that you can enjoy right now.

• His asking price is probably not far off the mark for the car as you describe it, you can never do better than a car that is rust free and complete. Very rare car that with the red/white combo would be stunning when completed. Having overseen the motor rebuild, paint etc would also give you a car that you are 100% knowledgable of and comfortable with as there is always a bit of the unknown when buying a car that others have completed. JMO

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

15k is his price...his reasoning is the sum total of the car & parts are worth that..if that price is at all firm he may as well sell the parts separately. Paying 15k for a project & spending another 15k to restore it over 1,2,3 years...makes no sense IMO, better to simply buy a finished car for 30k that you can enjoy right now.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

YEP - You could go buy a new 5.0 GT right off the lot now and the parts are worth more than the whole car.

• Silverblue - I bought the car that was mentioned on the ebay listing for $14,999. I bought it to drive it and feel I got a steal. It runs great .Unless you really enjoy the work and effort to complete this car and can tolerate the wait to actually enjoy it I'd pass. There are many projects out there folks have started and then lost interest.

I think the asking price is fair enough because it will make a fabulous car when complete. The car will be worth far more than the sum of it's parts when done.Keep in mind prices of K parts keep going up so you won't ever lose on this car but it may cost you some gray hairs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!