Reproducing the 65 K code motor mounts

• I am currently getting my ducks in a row to reproduce the 65 K code motor mount frame brackets. Unlike most reproduction parts, they will look exactly like the original pieces. They will also have the numbers correctly stamped on them, even though these can't be seen when they are attached to a car/motor. In short, they will be completely indistinguishable from the originals. The production costs and final sale price will hang pretty heavily on the demand. If this is something that you would purchase, I would appeciate it if you let me know. If the demand is sufficient, I will go ahead and get this thing rolling. Thanks for your time.

• I just realized that I still have my email address from several years ago listed as my email address at this site. Ooops. Sorry about that. It is now corrected. And, just so you know, I do intend to put a mark or feature on the side of the brackets that the numbers are on. You wouldn't be able to see it while they are on the car, but, you also wouldn't be able to put them on ebay as originals.

• The K code C4ZA cast brackets have a deeper saddle to accomodate the extra pieces associated with the rest of the Hipo mount assembly. If you used a standard C3DA casting, your engine would sit too high.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Was there anything unique about the '66 K Code mounts as compared to the A and C codes?

Wayne

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It depends on the build date. Early 66 HiPo's use the same HiPo unique cast mount brackets as 65's. I don't remember the exact date (think it was late 1965?) but Ford switched to stamped steel mount pieces used on all mid-late production 66 A, C, and K-Codes.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• The "book" says 11/1/65 as the transition date. I have an "A" code and a "K" code (both San Jose) with scheduled dates of 15 Oct and 18 Oct and both with the 65 types of mounts.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!