• Hi Fellas

Where is the best place to look for Konis for my '65. I have a shipping address in Apopka Florida to get them home

Thanks Mark

• Mark,

If you need current Konis without date code correctness you must be able to find them in the UK. If not you can buy them from Holland or Sweden and get EU lower taxes on them. The part numbers are 1388 front and 1389 rear. The original 65 Konis in 1965 and used on the 65 Shelby were 1326 front and 1327 rear. Konis are made in Holland as you probably know.

/Bo

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Mark , can you let us know how you get on , it looks like the New Koni today is a different look , would i be right in this.

Shane

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I am torn between getting some Gabriels that look like Autolites and are cheap or going for what I really want Konis.

If I get the Konis I will put up some pics before I fit them

Thanks Mark

• Mark,

I have 4 used Konis I bought for my 65 Shelby many years ago.

As you know, I haven't driven the car that much but the

two front upper bracket bushings dried in the Texas heat

and should be replaced. Date codes are: Front 909 and Rear 911.

Removed them when I found 4 65 dated shocks for my car.

Also have 2 fronts dated 4 73 and rear dated 4 70. None of them leak but I have never used them. Both these pairs are 1388 and 1389's.

$100 each shock plus shipping.

/Bo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!