'67 Fastback GTA K

• I just discovered this website the other day and was curious as to how much my dad's 1967 Fastback GTA K is potentially worth. It's in mint condition basically, all original and the paint is near flawless. My dad was thinking close to $35,000 with it being an original K car that is a GTA. What do you guys think?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I just discovered this website the other day and was curious as to how much my dad's 1967 Fastback GTA K is potentially worth. It's in mint condition basically, all original and the paint is near flawless. My dad was thinking close to $35,000 with it being an original K car that is a GTA. What do you guys think?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Welcome aboard Lefty.

It would have to be worth more than that. I'm not sure how the current climate is effecting the prices, but surely this would be an at least $45K car??

Edited by - rene.pilat on 01/15/2009 00:51:24

• I'm not an expert on the '67 K codes, but I would say it is worth more if it is mint and original as you describe - especially if it has some options - however there are many things that can lower the value - rust, missing original block, missing original unique HiPo parts (very expensive to replace these days), etc.

Your best bet it to get the Marti report for the car first - see how rare it is - then have it appraised by someone knowledgeable about Mustangs and K codes.

While the car probably is worth more than $35k, you might have a hard time selling it in today's market - so be preparred - if he really wants to sell it do your homework - this board is a great place to see what cars are really selling for and not just what a bunch of wealthy guys will pay at auction to trade cars. There are also a ton of potential "buyers" on this site - so don't forget to post the "for sale" here first - especially if your dad wants the car to go to someone who will love, respect, and enjoy the car as much as he has.

• Thanks a lot guys. The car is not the original color, however the guy who owned the car before my father had it professionally painted for close to $8,000. The color now is a Metallic Sonic Blue with the original color being Silver Frost Metallic. I have to honestly say that the Metallic Sonic Blue is a much more attractive color.

The car is really mine considering my father wants to sign the title over to me whenever I'd like. I'd be willing to straight trade for a new GT500 but I'm kind of hesitant as I'm sure you guys can understand.

• That car is worth more than a new GT500. It's also about 1000x rarer and more unique. '67 K codes are among the rarist of the early Mustangs. Please post some pictures.

• Without inspecting the car it IMHO is impossible to place a value on the car. As mentioned any changes (like the new paint job), missing parts and such will hurt the value if your trying to get top dollar (people are more forgiving if they are getting it cheaply

Its a rare car but do not confuse rarity with value - the two are not connected most of the time. You could likely get a dealer to trade you for a new Shelby as they are making new ones (and newer versions everyday and they are sitting on showrooms around the country.

Only time will tell if a trade is a good thing for you - in the long run (if the car is a really good one) I'm betting it would not be but then its not our car.

If you do let us know what dealer got it and someone will work something out with them.

• How long has your dad owned the car? If it is a long term piece of family history and is original outside of the paint color there is no way this car would ever be leaving my garage. 67's are the rarest of the K's and with approx 472 made(if memory serves me correct) there are probably not a lot of automatics out of that total. As the economy recovers over the next few years the value of this car will once again rise, which will not be the case of a new GT 500. Good luck with whichever way you go.

Jack

• Welcome lefty, You do have a rare one on your hands if your dad wants to sign it over to you. You being 20 years old by the time you hit our age as most of us are in here, you should be able to name your own price. Would love to see a pic of it. There aren't many of them laying around.

Here's mine: 1967 gta K code and Marti report. Look it over they didn't make that many gta's

[Blocked Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/2a016rk.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/14tr9j7.jpg]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Does the car still have the original data plate on the door? This may seem small, but it's a big deal (well to me anyway).

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yessir it does. This is how I got the information.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

That car is worth more than a new GT500. It's also about 1000x rarer and more unique. '67 K codes are among the rarist of the early Mustangs. Please post some pictures.

I figured this haha. Glad it's been re-affirmed though.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Without inspecting the car it IMHO is impossible to place a value on the car. As mentioned any changes (like the new paint job), missing parts and such will hurt the value if your trying to get top dollar (people are more forgiving if they are getting it cheaply

Its a rare car but do not confuse rarity with value - the two are not connected most of the time. You could likely get a dealer to trade you for a new Shelby as they are making new ones (and newer versions everyday and they are sitting on showrooms around the country.

Only time will tell if a trade is a good thing for you - in the long run (if the car is a really good one) I'm betting it would not be but then its not our car.

If you do let us know what dealer got it and someone will work something out with them.

I think we'll be holding onto the car for the time being unless we get an offer we can't refuse. You're absolutely right.

How long has your dad owned the car? If it is a long term piece of family history and is original outside of the paint color there is no way this car would ever be leaving my garage. 67's are the rarest of the K's and with approx 472 made(if memory serves me correct) there are probably not a lot of automatics out of that total. As the economy recovers over the next few years the value of this car will once again rise, which will not be the case of a new GT 500. Good luck with whichever way you go.

Jack

I believe he has owned it almost 12 years to the day.

Welcome lefty, You do have a rare one on your hands if your dad wants to sign it over to you. You being 20 years old by the time you hit our age as most of us are in here, you should be able to name your own price. Would love to see a pic of it. There aren't many of them laying around.

Here's mine: 1967 gta K code and Marti report. Look it over they didn't make that many gta's

[Blocked Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/2a016rk.jpg]

Thanks a lot and that is a beautiful GTA you have there! Once it warms up I'll get some pictures of ours and post them up. It's so beautiful so I know you guys will appreciate it.

[Blocked Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/14tr9j7.jpg]

• Kcode the end of my message got cut off when I quoted your pictures. I just wanted to say you have a BEAUTIFUL GTA and I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get pictures of ours. It's sooo beautiful and I know you guys will appreciate it!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!