6F09K326757 - took a look at it today

• Found it advertised locally, so I drove 80 miles each way to take a look thinking I'd buy it if it was as advertised. I was told it was a factory GT and that the VIN was verified to match the car, door tag, engine and transmission. I was also told it was a FACTORY GT, when I directly asked. I asked again when I saw the car, and was then told it was not. I saw it advertised for $35K, but the price changed to $45K when I got there. It was also advertised as a true #1 concours car that would not dissapoint.

I'll let you guys judge for yourself, but what you can't see in these photos is that the rear frame rails are not from a dual exhaust car as I could put my fingers right through the holes where I shouldn't be able to. It's extremely clean, and would make a nice car for most people who aren't careful about what they are getting into. I don't want to use the R or F word, so I won't - you decide.

Coincidently, he had a matching '66 convertible, also for sale. Also, not a factory GT or Pony car, even though I was told it was. Again, rear frame rail on drivers side was replaced on that car, too.

OK, let's all go to K code school here, and have a little fun...

http://troy.krugercentral.com/6f09k/

Edited by - 66gtk on 08/21/2009 21:18:17

• It looks like a nice car to cruise around in, but nothing even close to concours level. The incorrect spacing of the MUSTANG letters on the fenders should be good indicator that the GT options on the car should be inspected more closely. A '66 K code would probably be the easiest to fake as a GT... unless it was a Metuchen car with a buck tag.

• Just a few items that really stick out:

Fog light switch too far up on the dash panel

C8ZE replacement harmonic balancer

Why do people put the coil on the drivers side?

Inline fuel filter before fuel pump

No button top CARbureTER casting fuel pump

What is that cylindrical piece in front of the master cylinder?

Odd heater hose strap

Starter solenoid upside down

Odd PCV hose

Poorly done fuel line to carb

Replacement rear springs

Too many more for the time that I have available.

This one would have needed a lot of your help Troy and that would still have not made it a factory GT.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• How 'bout the "matching VIN stamped" T10 transmission?!?! He told me he also verified the VIN on the block the other day. I asked him for a picture of this, and he said he didn't take any, but he wrote the VIN down.

• [Blocked Image: http://troy.krugercentral.com/6f09k/medium/_8214831-066.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://troy.krugercentral.com/6f09k/medium/_8214832-067.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://troy.krugercentral.com/6f09k/medium/_8214833-068.jpg]

The above photos show the only areas that seemed to be "saved" from the car. The rest of the floors and all frame rails were replaced. Any comments on these exhaust hanger locations or axle snubber thingy..

Thanks

• Ok I am behind my desk in K Code school, this is a good one for me to learn on.

3 11 2D on the trunk hinge bracket

4 11 D on the inner fender apron. What do these mean ?

The damper mentiond as a C8ZE, I see it is smooth and I thought the replacemnts had a step toward the rear, if the one on the car is incorrect why?

I think the cylinder in front of the master cylinder is the top of the front shock.

Did any K Codes have coil over shocks on the rear? I see lots of this.

Thanks

• Registry says last known in IA. Owner told me he purchased in 1991 from Telstar Motors in SD as basket case, and has been in MN ever since. Restoration done in 1994. Door tag is as follows:

63A, 4, 26, 22D, 41, E, 5

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!