VIN stamped engine

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I recently purchased a VIN stamped hipo motor and was wondering if there is a way to track down the current vehicle owner.

any thoughts ??

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

is the VIN in the registry ?

Z.

• What is the VIN? If it's from a San Jose car it would be worthwhile contacting SAAC Registrars Howard Pardee (65-66) or Dave Mathews (67) to see if it originally came in a GT350.

Dave
    6S1757

• Is the motor complete? are all the Hipo unique parts intact? what kind of intake is on it?-this may tell if it came from a Shelby, Hipo Mustang or Fairlane....

• I have a similar motor that I bought with a wrecked Hi Po fastback. The motor was not original to the Mustang, but it was original to a 1966 Shelby. I am in the process of contacting the owner to see if he is interested in recovering his original block, heads and distributor.

I discoverd that it was from a Shelby by contacting Howard Pardee.

• tellerhills and cchesley,

I've got a 1966 GT-350 (actually it's a '65 carryover) here sans original serialized motor.

Is it a 5R09K series?

If so, would it be possible to run this car's 'original' Ford VIN by you privately to see if perhaps we have a match?

Thanks

Edited by - camp upshur on 09/02/2009 21:34:37

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

tellerhills and cchesley,

I've got a 1966 GT-350 (actually it's a '65 carryover) here sans original serialized motor.

Is it a 5R09K series?

If so, would it be possible to run this car's 'original' Ford VIN by you privately to see if perhaps we have a match?

Thanks

Edited by - camp upshur on 09/02/2009 21:34:37

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I would run the last four numbers, not the whole thing. Or better yet just go through the Shelby registrar, Mr. Pardee.

Z.

Edited by - zrayrichter on 09/02/2009 22:12:02

• You can run all the numbers as it isn't going to matter to anyone other then the guy with the car who wants the original motor back.Chances are the car isn't around anymore!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!