1st place at Ford show Sunday

• My K took first in it's class - that was cool! There were about 10 '65-66 cars there. Two others had Hi-Po 289 badges, but not a HiPo VIN, and at least 6 cars had 289 HiPo air cleaner stickers. Gotta love it!

One guy was looking over my car very carefully. He kept asking me if it was a real 271 HP engine and all this/that. Even with 2 showboards laying out the details, he was very unbelieving and skeptical. He later shared he had a K code at home.

There was an early '65 GT (non K) there that a friend of mine just got. It has a March 26 scheduled build date, Dearborn car, and he believes it may be a pre-production GT. It looks very unmolested to me, and was white with black interior (standard of course). All the pieces are there and the only thing that I didn't like was the location of the fog switch. It wasn't next to the power top like my car, but was much further under the dash. The dash was lipped to accomodate the 5 dial cluster - looked kind of "rolled", but not cut.

Edited by - 66gtk on 06/08/2009 11:34:01

• Official Post

Troy, Congratulations on winning your class.

The fog light switch mounted on the underside of the dash is correct until around June 1, 1965 when it was moved further up the dash. When it was mounted under the dash it was held in place by a large hexagonal nut.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Also - sorry no pics. I was too busy to even attempt pics. I was there with my booth busy talking to customers and shooting cars for show boards. Nothing really worth photographing, except maybe a real nice freshly restored '66 GT350. It was Saphire blue with White stripes. Very nice!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!