Shelby Question

• Anybody know where you can get the sheet metal piece that has the hole in it that bolts to core support and top of grille on 65 Shelby?Also how about the aluminum piece between the wide grille moldings that covers the two pieces in the center?

• Is it the polished aluminum center piece with hump in the middle?Having a C6 part number I don't believe we are on the same page as Shelby only used the center grill piece I'm asking about on the 65's?

• The C6ZZ 8221 A although similar to the Shelby piece is not the same and is for 66 Mustangs only.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I will have to check my master catalog to see if thee is a difference. I am looking at two one in a bag, one in a box and they both are C6ZZ-8221-A. I know thay are correct for a 66 Shelby filling the grill base were the pony brace goes.

• The 65 Shelby one is a Shelby unique piece that has a higher center peak to it and, I believe, is aluminum rather than pot metal like the C6ZZ 8221 A.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred is correct. 65 GT350's used a cast aluminum piece. Jim Cowles at Shelby parts and Restoration should be able toset you up with the correct pieces you require.

Joe

• Jim will most likely have one - there was someone who was repo'ing them awhile back as well. They were dead on as far as I could tell, the only difference was at the mounting point that could not be seen when it was on the car.

Mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!