My Hi-Po engine

• Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has got some more detailed information on engine specifications for the Hi-Po. I'm after something beyond the basic 271hp @ 600rphm and 312ftlb @ 3400rpm, like power and torque curves.

Also would anyone have an opinion on what the maximum revs I should keep under on my engine now? It has only had the one engine rebuild (back in '83) but has been very well looked after (although it hasn't been driven much in recent years). It still runs really well and has a lot of grunt.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi All,

................... would anyone have an opinion on what the maximum revs I should keep under on my engine now? .............

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I use 7000 as a maximunm RPM. For everyday "fun" I try to stick to 6500 RPM

Z. Ray

• Beyond bolt on manifolds and the carburetor there is no fundamental difference between an early GT350 motor and a K code; they are the same engine. The red line is limited by your willingness and wallet.

• My Shelby revs alot quicker than my other K codes. Might have to do with the Paxton and 2.5" exaust. I regularly take the Shelby to 7 grand, Not the original engine. My other two Kars are original engine cars and I limit them to 6 grand.

Larry

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Beyond bolt on manifolds and the carburetor there is no fundamental difference between an early GT350 motor and a K code; they are the same engine. The red line is limited by your willingness and wallet.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

All correct. I would add that valve float occurs north of 7000 rpm. That would be the first mechanical limit that I know of.

My Shelby's owners manual lists maximum power at 6000 rpm & maximum torque @ 4200 rpm

Z. Ray

Beyond bolt on manifolds and the carburetor there is no fundamental difference between an early GT350 motor and a K code; they are the same engine.

The only exception to that I'm aware of would be the 65 R-Model engines, but that's a different story........

Dave
    6S1757

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!