Vin# 6T09K285286

• Yes, that is the car. I verified to the best of my ability that it is a GT and K code car. The front inner apron vin looked original and the other two vin #'s matched. The title matches the vin. I believe it to be authentic but I have been wrong in the past. The owner is working on sending some additional pic's of the firewall and vin #'s.

• Kevin, You should really look closer at the link to the original postings on this car. There is a lot of question regarding the fender VIN as it has been changed since the first auction and the seller claims that the front clip is original. I also made note at the time, and still stand by this, that there does not appear to be a choke cable hole in the firewall which only a Hipo car will have. I feel that an independent inspection should be made on this car before you finalize this deal.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred,

I did not know about this forum until yesterday. I wish I knew about it before I bid on this car. He is sending pic's of the firewall and vin #'s. I will post as soon as I get them.

Restamping vin is difficult I would guess?????

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Restamping vin is difficult I would guess?????

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not at all ... takes a few minutes with the right tools. Order a new door tag and you have a "new" car or a new old car

• Kevin,

I can think of a couple of possibilities about your car for you consideration. The first and most practical (for originality) is that somewhere along the way the car was hit on the driver side and enough damage sustained that the original VIN stamped apron had to be replaced or was replaced because of significant rust. This can be an easy fix by ordering another apron and restamping. However, the passenger side VIN stamped apron should be original and in place so that you are able to verify that the restamp matches the original VIN numbers. The other possibilities are rebody from original GT car, front clip replacement or numerous combinations leaving a very questionable K car. Were you able to verify the other VIN stamps on the passenger side apron as original?

Ron

• The vin's on the driver side and passenger side on the rear apron are in place and match. The exposed vin on the driver side matches also. The title matches with the vin. The seller is working with me and adding additional pic's for me to review.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!