• 1965 FORD MUSTANG - Tom's Used Cars
    This 1965 Ford Mustang K-code fastback is a highly unique and historically significant vehicle with a special history and factory customizations. Here are the…
    tomsusedcarsales.com

Besides the VIN listed is wrong…….Friend of mine is looking at it, don’t know how serious he is. I did a vin search here, it didn’t come up.

Owned by the fastback designer?

This Mustang K-code fastback was special-ordered by Thomas Land, the senior designer at Ford responsible for the fastback body style.

The car received a special gray paint color known as Metallic Grey Mist, which was originally offered for the Lincoln Continental.

Land designed a unique grille for the car, which was fabricated by Ford Design Center shops.

Custom features include Fairlane door handles, wood trim accents, and finned Cobra valve covers.

The car was special-ordered through North Brothers G.C. of Garden City, Michigan.

Exterior and Interior:

The exterior has been refinished in its original Metallic Grey Mist color, showcasing the unique paint choice.

The interior features a black Deluxe-style interior with woodgrain-trimmed Fairlane door handles and wood accents.

The original bucket seats and folding rear bench provide a comfortable and classic cabin atmosphere.

An AM radio is mounted in the center of the dashboard.

Performance and Powertrain:

Powered by a high-performance 289ci V8 engine with a four-barrel carburetor.

The K-code engine was rated at 271 horsepower and 312 lb-ft of torque when new.

Unique features include finned-aluminum Cobra valve covers and a manually operated choke.

The engine has undergone service and maintenance, including rebuilding the carburetor, adjusting valves, and replacing various components.

Transmission and Undercarriage:

Equipped with a four-speed manual transmission for an engaging driving experience.

The front axle features red multi-piston brake calipers, which have been rebuilt along with brake pads, shoes, and lines.

The suspension and undercarriage have been maintained and serviced as needed.

Documentation:

The car comes with a letter from T.L. Land dated March 18, 1981, indicating that he ordered the car with specific equipment and color.

The original owner’s manual, tools, and documentation add to the vehicle’s historical significance.

Unique Features:

This Mustang’s history and unique features, such as the special paint color, custom grille, and factory customizations, make it a standout and sought-after collectible.

In summary, this 1965 Ford Mustang K-code fastback is not only a high-performance classic but also a piece of automotive history due to its special order by the senior designer responsible for the fastback body style. The unique features, color, and documentation make this Mustang a highly desirable collector’s item for enthusiasts and collectors alike.

Edited once, last by 289kford (October 28, 2023 at 1:28 AM).

• The VIN in the ad is a typo as that VIN is a convertible being a 5F08K and the Kar actually has the proper 5F09K VIN. I know this Kar very well as I have done some of the work on this car and supplied many parts for it over the years. I know one of the previous owners from about 10 years ago and I have a fair amount of history of this Kar. There is far too much to put on this forum but if you give me your friends phone number, I will call him. Please note that I am leaving for SEMA on Monday and returning hopefully on Friday. I can call him preferably before SEMA but I am sure your friend will want to hear what I have to say.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• At that price, it looks like a scam to me.

It is possibly not a SCAM as I know this Kar well. However the seller has a number of cars on their site with an address and phone number that can be checked. If it is a SCAM, the seller has gone to a lot of trouble setting up a web site. There is a sort of car lot at that address that is called Tom's used cars and it has been there since at least 2008.

4707 WI-21 - Google Maps

W4707 WI-21 - Google Maps

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• It’s very difficult to pick up a C code fastback in the condition pictured. I just don’t see a kar selling for that little, especially at a car lot. To me it looks like a fishing expedition for deposits. That’s how these low price scams are run. They use a legit business address with a fake website, and contact info.

If it’s too good to be true...

• At that price, it looks like a scam to me.

It is possibly not a SCAM as I know this Kar well. However the seller has a number of cars on their site with an address and phone number that can be checked. If it is a SCAM, the seller has gone to a lot of trouble setting up a web site. There is a sort of car lot at that address that is called Tom's used cars and it has been there since at least 2008.

4707 WI-21 - Google Maps

W4707 WI-21 - Google Maps

-Fred-

I called and spoke with Toms' Used Cars last Friday and he said the car was already gone. I would have asked about other items showing in his inventory but he hung up on me before I could ask.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• By the way, the number that I called was the actual number for Tom's used cars, NOT the number in this ad.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!