Pictures of 1966 Sapphire Blue

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

How do you 'authenticate' a Sapphire blue car built at San Jose which didn't come with a bucktag?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

For starters, would have to have a blank paint code and 6 digit DSO.

If it has that and the car has not been screwed with too bad, should be able to find traces of original paint throughout the car. Same applies for Dearborn cars.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

How do you 'authenticate' a Sapphire blue car built at San Jose which didn't come with a bucktag?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

For starters, would have to have a blank paint code and 6 digit DSO.

If it has that and the car has not been screwed with too bad, should be able to find traces of original paint throughout the car. Same applies for Dearborn cars.

I have no doubts about my car as I bought it from the original owners who told me they ordered it in Sapphire blue. The paint code is blank and it does have a 6 digit DSO. And yes, I've found traces of the original paint around the car. So I guess that's as good as it's going to get without a buck tag.

• I have two Saphire Blue Mustangs in the lists that I've collected and submitted to Jim Haskell and Jim Smart for their 'Mustang Production Guide' research:

6R07A211059 - DSO 723661 - Build 04F, June 4, GT

6R08K182004 - DSO 723077 - Build 06D, Apr 6, Has a 3.50:1 limited slip rear axle, code 'E'

I added some additional info for each car.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!