Looking f/owner of 5F08K256649 65 Conv 4sp in NJ

• My father was the previous owner of this car (Louisville, KY). We sold it in 1981 thereabouts. Registry says the car is last known to be in New Jersey.

Car was originally Rangoon Red on red. 4-speed manual w/289 Hi-Po (obviously). When sold it was black primer.

It's been over a year since I posted this, so I figured I'd try again.

Thanks everyone.

I have to assume that any new owner would have restored it back to original. If you know of any Rangoon red on red 65 K-code convertibles, you might ask that owner if the serial number matches up and get me in touch with them...especially if they're in NJ.

I have a few photos of the car from back in the day, figured the new owner would like them for historical purposes. I'd also like to know what ever happened to the car and see new pictures if possible.

Email me at brian AT bjwhite DOT net

• I spent three years looking for previous owners of my car and eventually found them all. I wish any one of them had been looking for me like I was looking for them.

Hang in there and you will connect with the owner of this car. It's still a pretty small world.

• W S Journal did a story on this subject last week. Seems it is becoming popular for people to spend time and money searching for their first or favorite car from their youth.

I hope you find it.

• There was a reference in that article to a guy in Sweden or Switzerland that searches for cars for $420 per hour. He must be on the trail of some very pricey cars.

• Dave, send me all of that previous owner information along with dates and I will add it to your registration- provenance. And anyone else with previous owner/history info send that WITH YOUR VIN to me and I'll update your registration.

• It seems the registry lists this car as "last noted in NJ". I think you confirmed last time, but is there any other information for this car in the registry? Do we know when the car was last noted in NJ? (When was that entry made?)

Thanks for everyone's help. Here are some of the pictures I have. This were probably taken in the summer of 1980...

[Blocked Image: http://www.bjwhite.net/brian/images/mustang/SCAN0026.JPG]

I think this was fall 1980...

[Blocked Image: http://www.bjwhite.net/brian/images/mustang/SCAN0028.JPG]

Edited by - bjwhite on 02/02/2008 12:49:29

• I've been looking for the red '66 GT hi-po with black std that I saw at a local show in 1992. T-bred car and I've kicked myself for not at least writing down the VIN. At least you have that. Have you tried asking if the local police or DMV could search the VIN for you? Some states will release that info..I've done it. Just a thought. Hope you find that car.

• I live in NJ, if there is something I can do to help let me know. I've only come across a coupe of other K codes in NJ but they don't match the description of your car. Eric

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!