• Just started a full rebuild and found i have C6FE heads on my motor, just how rare are these?

Original 1960s ones, pretty rare. 1960s ones that have never cracked and required repair, even rarer.

Mid 1970s on reproductions, not all that rare and new made ones can still be obtained.

Dan

• I know the history of the car from 1972 so im sure there 1960's,

they are in good condition no cracks etc. The motor has the original 4100 carb,

manifold and exhaust manifolds and cam so i wonder why someone put C6FE heads on? i mean their not to their full potential.

Thanks Dan

John

• I know the history of the car from 1972 so im sure there 1960's,

they are in good condition no cracks etc. The motor has the original 4100 carb,

manifold and exhaust manifolds and cam so i wonder why someone put C6FE heads on? i mean their not to their full potential.

Thanks Dan

John

Maybe they were cheap and seemed like a neat idea. I know somebody that bought an excellent used ex-factory race team set for $100 delivered circa 1980.

Without full competition modification to go with them the C6FE heads might even be a step backward depending on the combustion chamber sizes. The chambers are larger than the chambers in stock heads as cast and can get larger during any reshaping and polishing work without milling the decks to reduce volumes. SA often used steel shim head gaskets or o-ringed decks with C6FE heads. The limit to them is still getting exhaust out.

Dan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!