HiPo engine date vs build date of kar

• Fred,

In your expertise, what is typical HiPo engine dates in relation to the kar's build date? Are we talking a couple weeks preceding the kar's build date or a couple months?

I have seen the date codes on the block to the scheduled production date to vary widely. I have verified a Kar where the block was July and the scheduled production date was in November. That is the exception rather than the rule but I have seen several that way. I am sure that others have observed widely varying matches as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Fred,

In your expertise, what is typical HiPo engine dates in relation to the kar's build date? Are we talking a couple weeks preceding the kar's build date or a couple months?

I have seen the date codes on the block to the scheduled production date to vary widely. I have verified a Kar where the block was July and the scheduled production date was in November. That is the exception rather than the rule but I have seen several that way. I am sure that others have observed widely varying matches as well.

-Fred-

Thanks Fred.

Evan

6T09K134XXX

Edited once, last by Evantugby (August 23, 2020 at 4:59 PM).

• Yes, and the other way too, my build date is February 10th, and the engine assembly is February 2nd, but we also know my car was about a month late based on other things in the car, more like a end of February or beginning March assembly.

February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!