WTB: Autolite 4100 "M" primary booster cluster

• Hi I'm looking for boosters for my 65 carburetor with M and BA stampings , but I'm sure you already know that :D

Let me know what you have please

Thanks

Robert

• Official Post

Hi I'm looking for boosters for my 65 carburetor with M and BA stampings , but I'm sure you already know that :D

Thanks

Robert

This one is almost as tough as your original block search.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hi I'm looking for boosters for my 65 carburetor with M and BA stampings , but I'm sure you already know that :D

Thanks

Robert

M assemblies are very rare as loose part in any condition, I know multiple car owners, carburetor shops, and or car restorers always hunting for them. I myself have use of one for a friend's carburetor that was damaged by fire. Sorry no suggestion of finding one.

BA assemblies are not all that rare as quite a few carburetor assemblies for years used them. Used and new old stock ones show up in eBay® listings regularly. Sellers usually price them like unobtainium.

I have good used BA assembly available. I have already painted the correct color code paint daubs on it. I am thinking $30 plus postage.

I did not find any CF or CH models are in the drawer.

If you are interested in a couple of pictures, get your email address to me

Dan

Edited once, last by Dan Case: add detail (July 17, 2020 at 5:49 PM).

• No moving parts but tiny passages that can get restricted or completely blocked. If a rebuilding company took them apart there is no real way to be sure what emulsion tubes they put back or if the drilled passages without taking them apart again. I have also tossed some in the trash that somebody zinc plated and then dichromated as assemblies and closed passages a little to a lot with their plating operation. BA assemblies are common enough I discard any I have any doubts about.

Dan

• No moving parts but tiny passages that can get restricted or completely blocked. If a rebuilding company took them apart there is no real way to be sure what emulsion tubes they put back or if the drilled passages without taking them apart again. I have also tossed some in the trash that somebody zinc plated and then dichromated as assemblies and closed passages a little to a lot with their plating operation. BA assemblies are common enough I discard any I have any doubts about.

The other thing that goes wrong with these is the little holes on the sides of the emulsion tubes act as perforations and split the tube. This is obvious though and not subtle.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Thanks

Robert

Robert,

From my response above,

I have good used BA assembly available. I have already painted the correct color code paint daubs on it. I am thinking $30 plus postage.

If you are interested in a couple of pictures, get your email address to me.

If you are not interested another member is.

Dan

Dan

• Thanks Dan I'm actually more looking for the "M" primary cluster or at least one that would be correct for an A code Mustang.

I appreciate your offer.

Please keep me in mind if you come across a Primary booster that would work for me.

Robert

• Official Post

Thanks Dan I'm actually more looking for the "M" primary cluster or at least one that would be correct for an A code Mustang.

I appreciate your offer.

Please keep me in mind if you come across a Primary booster that would work for me.

Robert

What primary booster is currently in your carburetor?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for A code 1.08 carb boosters or K code 1.12 boosters? They are not the same.

What A code carb do you need if that's what you're really needing? I have a few that I'm in the process of restoring. IM if interested.

• Hi Charles , sorry if I was confusing.

I would like a "M" booster for my 1.12 carb and

I am also converting/sleeving another 1.12 to have 1.08 primary bores so would like the
    A code primary cluster for that carb.

Robert

• Official Post

Hi Charles , sorry if I was confusing.

I would like a "M" booster for my 1.12 carb and

I am also converting/sleeving another 1.12 to have 1.08 primary bores so would like the
    A code primary cluster for that carb.

Robert

There are several boosters that will work the same as the very elusive "M" booster. On some, the only difference is the size of the hole in the passage of the booster where the booster attaches to the carburetor body. The "M" boosters should really only be installed into a proper Hipo carburetor due to their extreme rarity.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Fair enough Fred , I understand completely !

Can you recommend a similar booster that I could look for ?

One that seems to work well is out of a C7DF-V 1967 2V carburetor. Of all things, it is stamped with a "K". I do not have one here currently so I do not remember if the passage from the carb body to the booster is the correct size of an "M" booster. The bushing in the passage of the "M" booster is a #54 drill size.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!