• Hi guys probably a long shot reading a similar thread from Recips in 2019 but will give it a go.I am trying to track down the original owner of my Kar. VIN - 5R09K153391 , Black plate California Kar (PFF098) when sold to New Zealand by the second owners in 2007 , I will post pic of the plate as it has a blue sticker in one corner that reads

CALIFORNIA

also have a copy of the California Title in the second owners name and also have a copy of an email from the second owners with some rather interesting History, the second owners are a well known Californian Drag Racing family, i wont post names, but they raced a Thames Van Gasser called "RADIATION" in the late sixties and finished their careers in Top Fuel in the Eighties, they purchased my Kar off a lady in the early eighties for their son who drove it to High School and College it then sat in their barn for 20+ years until being sold to a guy in NZ.

The second owners do not have the whereabouts or name of the lady they bought it off years ago, they say the lady and her husband were the first owners, he worked for Carroll Shelby ,the email says while at Shelbys the light panel between the deck lid and bumper was replaced with one with extra lights ???, the second owners put original lights and panel back in when they purchased the Kar, the kar was raced by the first owner and he blew the original engine at some stage , the kar ended up with a base 289 and that was how it was sold to the second owners.

So i am very interested in tracking down the first owner if possible, the Kar came to NZ as a rust free K Code project minus original engine, it has now been restored to as it left the factory or as near as possible. will post pics of Plate, Kar restored and Kar on trailer as it arrived in NZ 17 yrs ago2018-08-26 004_autoscaled.jpgPick up from FPS1_autoscaled.jpgPLATE K CODE.jpg

Edited once, last by k kode (May 9, 2020 at 1:37 AM).

• Official Post

Interesting story. I hope for you that you can find the information that you are seeking. It is even tougher when you are not in the U.S.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks Fred, as you know you supplied a lot of parts to get this Kar to how it is today, and yes I hope I can track down the original owner, I am keen to find out what was modified on this Kar back in the day, particularly the lights between the deck lid and bumper , must have made this car stand out at the Drag Strips, Hopefully some one reading this may remember.

Haydn

• KK,

Just an FYI, there is a person selling a HiPo transmission with the same VIN as your car on Craigslist in Riverside California. I thought that might help you get closer to finding out the original owner. Good Luck!

• Official Post

KK,

Just an FYI, there is a person selling a HiPo transmission with the same VIN as your car on Craigslist in Riverside California. I thought that might help you get closer to finding out the original owner. Good Luck!

Also if you need help in getting that transmission, I am not far away from Riverside. I cannot find it on Craigslist. A link would be helpful.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Sorry, did not think about that. Here it is. I am also close to riverside so I can help if needed. Thanks

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/d/riversid…7136076275.html

Thanks for the link. The seller is not exactly giving it away but it is worth the money to the owner on here being as it is the numbers matching transmission. If it were my Kar, I would step right up as this is an unusual match for once in a lifetime.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Hi guys/Fred,

so this is the original trans for my k kode is it still available,

Cheers

Haydn

As of this writing your transmission is still available.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/d/riversid…7136076275.html

If you make arrangements for payment to the seller, I can pick it up next weekend. It is not the cheapest one out there but originality to your Kar outweighs the price. My email address is below.

fredsclassics@hotmail.com

-Fred--

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Hi Guys, unfortunately i could not access the sellers email from New Zealand, not sure why and then the listing expired.Hopefully the seller will relist.

CC I dont suppose you spoke to the seller at all and have a contact number or email ?

cheers

Haydn

• KK,

The transmission is back on Offerup mobile app, but i do not know how to post the add on this. If you want, post your emial and i can sent it to the seller.

Fred,

Do you know how to include links from offerup?

• KK,

The transmission is back on Offerup mobile app, but i do not know how to post the add on this. If you want, post your emial and i can sent it to the seller.

Fred,

Do you know how to include links from offerup?

He seems to have trouble with International emails but has no trouble with mine, so please try sending it to me. I will most likely have to purchase it for him and being as I supplied a lot of the parts for the restoration on his Kar before he bought it, I am happy to do it for him.

fredsclassics@hotmail.com

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Fred,

just sent you the offerup post. The app does not let me send your emial to him so you will have to contact him through the app. Good Luck!

Thanks for sending me the link. I just emailed Haydn on this and I will probably deal with it tomorrow as it is already tomorrow where he is. I am logged in on the offerup site.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Hi Guys, good news yesterday a friend in Riverside purchased the Toploader vin stamped

5RO9K153391 on my behalf in a few weeks time the Trans will be on its way to New Zealand to be reunited with car it was born with, amazing and a once in a lifetime find.truly grateful and thank you guys for all your help, with a little bit more luck my Block may turn up.

cheers

Haydn

• Hi Guys, good news yesterday a friend in Riverside purchased the Toploader vin stamped

5RO9K153391 on my behalf in a few weeks time the Trans will be on its way to New Zealand to be reunited with car it was born with, amazing and a once in a lifetime find.truly grateful and thank you guys for all your help, with a little bit more luck my Block may turn up.

cheers

Haydn

This is great news!!

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!