Friend wants to sell his 67 Fastback GT

• I hope my statement is in the right area.

I was a member I think back in the 2000’s. I sold a 66 GT K Code about 2005 or 2006 I believe. I don’t remember my name I used. Probably not important. I do not have a K Kar these days.

However, I have a friend who does have a K Code 67 Fastback GT. It may come up for sale. A little history is his father bought it new. The father recently passed away. There are are 3 boys with an interest. My friend would like to buy his 2 brothers out depending on value, but we can’t come up with a value.

The Kar has the original red paint with original interior. Throughout the years I believe his father replaced a trunk lid and right rear quarter panel. Original drive train and it seems very strong. Not the original carb but he has the original in a box. The car was and is a daily driver.

How do we come up with a value on this Kar. If they decide to sell, I would very much be interested.

F4594B7E-8A12-4772-B111-A3C23617B1D9_autoscaled.jpg812A66FA-F4EB-41A3-ACE0-D118006E1609_autoscaled.jpg086EE392-9316-4FB3-9C9E-1C1F1D6367BF_autoscaled.jpg6802F3F1-C00C-49E1-8DCB-59658701829F_autoscaled.jpgD75DD979-277F-407B-982E-A12C2D7EBFC9_autoscaled.jpg

• The 67 cars are a tough sale. People looking for a 67 are usually more interested in a 390 car. How do I know this you ask? I had a 67KGT fastback and sold it back during the summer and it was a really tough sell. To give you an idea check out the values on Hagerty. The K car while It is much more rare is valued at approximately $10,000 less than a S car. I don’t agree with that but that is what it reports. I am a K fan through and through and don’t like this but that appears to be the way things are. Just my opinion though.

• The 67 cars are a tough sale. People looking for a 67 are usually more interested in a 390 car. How do I know this you ask? I had a 67KGT fastback and sold it back during the summer and it was a really tough sell. To give you an idea check out the values on Hagerty. The K car while It is much more rare is valued at approximately $10,000 less than a S car. I don’t agree with that but that is what it reports. I am a K fan through and through and don’t like this but that appears to be the way things are. Just my opinion though.

I concur with your opinion here. Especially since you have the experience backing it up. I also agree with you that they seem undervalued but the 390 is why the 67 K was produced in much smaller numbers.

You could look at live auction site results (Mecum, Barret-Jackson etc.) but those Kars are generally above driver quality. Also keep in mind that live auction sites post sold prices including the usual 10% vig added in and NOT the actual hammer price.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I’m going to take a Guess at between $65k and $89k depending on the condition. I’ve been following ‘67 k-code almost exclusively for over 10-years, and to optimize the selling price ya really need to find the right buyer (who’s going to want to go over the car “head to toe” to verify all the parts and alike. I myself have a ‘67 k-code convertible and have learned that the ‘67’s are a slightly different animal than the 65-66’s as a result of the i) model-year change and ii) the general ramp-down in production (last year for the HiPo).

Please keep me posted if “the boys do decide to sell”.

Tom

• Thanks Tom. I just saw this. I sent the owner an email to see if he is serious. If he is, I will get his information for you. Thanks for responding.

Gunk

• I’m going to take a Guess at between $65k and $89k depending on the condition. I’ve been following ‘67 k-code almost exclusively for over 10-years, and to optimize the selling price ya really need to find the right buyer (who’s going to want to go over the car “head to toe” to verify all the parts and alike. I myself have a ‘67 k-code convertible and have learned that the ‘67’s are a slightly different animal than the 65-66’s as a result of the i) model-year change and ii) the general ramp-down in production (last year for the HiPo).

Please keep me posted if “the boys do decide to sell”.

Tom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!