The Old 289 HIPO Mustang Site

• Hi guys.

So obviously I found the new forum, but I still can't find the Old Registry website (289 High Performance Mustang - HiPo Mustang Home)

Will it be making a comeback as well?

Thanks.

René

• We are working on it but if it happens it may not be immediate.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I was a member of the old forum and wondered just what happened to it. Also, is this one associated with the old one or a replacement for it? I'm also wondering if all the information on the old site is secure and if it will be incorporated into this one. My Kar's VIN was registered on that site.

• Official Post
    Quote from K-Conv

I was a member of the old forum and wondered just what happened to it. Also, is this one associated with the old one or a replacement for it? I'm also wondering if all the information on the old site is secure and if it will be incorporated into this one. My Kar's VIN was registered on that site.

This site was created to replace the original one because we were unable to get any cooperation from the original operator to transfer the information to anywhere. They claimed that the site was broken and the information was unrecoverable. I find this to be a lie as I was posting on the old site for at least 6 months after he turned it off for "maintenance". The only reason that I kept posting was in the hopes that he would bring it back up and at least I was keeping it current although only through a "back door" as the site was technically down. I was the west coast moderator on the old site so I was able to figure out a "back door" access.

Therefore all of the registry stuff disappeared on one persons whim. The only records are in the Tony Gregory book which is out of print and Tony Gregory will not authorize another printing. The only copies still out there for sale are with Tony Branda, I believe.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Edited once, last by C6ZZKGT (July 17, 2019 at 1:07 AM).

• OK, thanks for the info Fred. Too bad about the original site and sorry you had to deal with that situation, but thank you for starting this one up. I'll have to dig out my copy of the book and see if my VIN made it in there.
    Thanks again and I hope this site grows and becomes the 'go to' resource for our special Kars.

• If I remember, the (2nd) old site could have been updated to comply with the hosting platform with not much effort. I’m not a whiz at all this stuff but I did read what needed to be changed and couldn’t understand why it was never done. I don’t remember exactly what they wanted, maybe I’m off base here? Any way, good to be back. I kept checking the old link and finally deleted it. I decided on a whim just to see what if anything came up and here we are. Looks like I missed a few months.
    The jackpot would be to get the original site info back. That was a treasure trove. The second site never seemed to be the same as a bunch of members seemed to have given up. Hope this one takes off.

Edited once, last by 289kford (August 14, 2019 at 3:37 AM).

• Quote from 289kford

If I remember, the (2nd) old site could have been updated to comply with the hosting platform with not much effort. I’m not a whiz at all this stuff but I did read what needed to be changed and couldn’t understand why it was never done. I don’t remember exactly what they wanted, maybe I’m off base here? Any way, good to be back. I kept checking the old link and finally deleted it. I decided on a whim just to see what if anything came up and here we are. Looks like I missed a few months.
    The jackpot would be to get the original site info back. That was a treasure trove. The second site never seemed to be the same as a bunch of members seemed to have given up. Hope this one takes off.

I am still working on this.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!