• New E-Bay Listing: 66 K Conv. Project

By Seller: "planman8"

Car in IA

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>You are bidding on an unrestored ,original 1966 "K" CODE factory GT MUSTANG convertible. NO motor, tranmission,driveshaft,radiator or front bumper. This car will need a complete full restoration.Has rust in all the usual mustang rust areas. Was stored inside since the mid 1980's Has pony interior ,wood steering wheel. Complete with original 9" rearend & factory front disc brakes. Rear seat (2 cushions back bottom and back rear) included but not in the pictures.One of the rarest of all the "K" code mustangs."K" codes mustangs amount to less than 1% of all the mustangs made in 1965-1967. And this is a factory GT with pony interior, a convertible and unmolested except for a long gone motor & trans.The color is one of the best for resale Red with black interior.VERY RARE. Delivery may be available for an extra charge.Clear title current and in my name.No title jumping here.Don't miss the chance of a lifetime to restore a classic that will bring some of the highest dollars of any vintage mustang.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/196…1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by - 66tiger on 03/01/2009 22:34:20

• Official Post

This Kar sold on Ebay on March 8 for $15,532.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Any comments on this purchase? Seems like really strong money and a great price for the seller. I'm surprised that I continue to see these cars failing to reach good sale prices in fully restored condition, but the projects keep going for too much money.

• As with some other people on this site, I didnt have $35-45,000 to buy a restored kar. I paid 12,000 for the fastback builder I wanted. Now as I work overtime or do sidework I am able to stay busy on it. I will still have the same money in the car when its done, but I can enjoy a long restoration.

• Yea, I understand where you are coming from with the upfront hit. However, a car like this convertible without an engine and needing just about everything will cost WELL over the going rate for a finished car when it's all done (: It may be worth restoring, but I was just a little surprised by the final sale price.

• It depends on who buys them.If you are a welder or have those skills,where most have to pay to have it done, and if you can paint or have to pay to have it done ,etc.,etc.,Do you get the point. I too buy projects,as like most others,can't afford to buy the car outright but MOST of all I like doing the work.I can do it all myself unlike those that have to pay body shop, mechanic,upholstery shops etc.to have it done.So I,and others with these skills, can buy the more desirable,rarer,higher priced "projects "I guarantee you, when I'm done,I can sell it for the going finished price and still make money.I know you'll say but how much time did you put into it? What is your time worth? But would any of us make money if we charged 5 cents an hour on what we do ourselves to do a car FOR OURSELVES? That is what this hobby NOT BUSINESS is all about ladies and gentlemen.The buyer may have all these skills so that is not a high price to HIM.

• On this particular Kar, it had all of the right options for what I look for in a Mustang converible. It is a Hipo, GT and pony interior. Those three together are really tough. Ford did not sell a lot of Hipo convertibles because most people that bought Hipos back in the day were interested in racing them. The convertible is the heaviest model and therefore the least desirable to race. If you were racing you did not need to spend extra money for GT and pony interior options and therefore the three together makes them especially rare today. Finding them in any condition is tough. This particular one also has a more desirable color combination as well. If I did not already have so many projects already, I would have stepped up on this one myself. Sometimes looking for this exact same Kar as a done car is just not possible as there were too few made and far less surviving until now.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!