-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• RECOMMENDED TEMPLATE: Sold for <b>final sale price</b> by seller

BuyItNow set at <b>bin price</b>(also post BIN if there is one for comparison) <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>description here<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

• VIN according to seller is 5F08K750426. His decoding of the data plate does not match the one given in the Hipo registry. He states 76B X 69, the registry lists 76A J D5, the remaining codes 09T 89 5 5 are the same on both listings. Probably a repro tag, especially since the claim of dealer added GT package is made.

• This Kar has been discussed here before but I cannot find it even in the archives. The first time I encountetred the Kar it was in North Carolina or Tennessee as I recall. This was about 6 years ago. I was considering buying it myself at the time as it was only $20,000. It just had to many discrepancies from original at that time. It had an 8 inch rear end at the time. It was definitely a pony interior conversion at that time. The GT status was also in question. The seller is Joe and I spoke with him yesterday and he is being as honest as possible on this Kar. He goes even further in stating that he believes that it is a rebody and is selling it as such. I have never actually inspected this Kar so I cannot say if the rebody statement is true or not however he really believes that it is. He is honest about the door tag being changed as he himself did it since he owned the Kar and does have the old one. He is not even sure that the old one is original either as he says that it looks too new. He also states that it is dealer added GT package so I truly believe that he is not trying to misrepresent anything about this Kar. As far as I can see the car was originally a non GT with a standard interior.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• The dealer that had the kar knew it wasnt "right". I was interested in purchasing and asked for specific pictures - rear end area, stamping etc and a list of questions. I called them as well. They were quote "guarded" to say the least. When the information wasnt forthcoming it sounded warning bells.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!